GT40 Car Cover??

G

Looking for a form fitting car cover for a GT40. Most of the generic stuff is pretty loose fitting around the cab.

prefer black

prefer in the states

Thanks

G

As soon as I get my car completed (Hopefully by the end of July) I will e getting my car (GTD Mark 1) custom measured by Covercraft. I will post as soon as it is complete and let you know how it looks/fits.

Ben

If you are having trouble finding a cover commercialy you might consider getting one that will fit the Lotus Esprit. they are very similar in body shape ond size. I also modified one for the Mercedes SL so that it covered the front glass and cockpit of my Lotus. Velcro does wonders for securing covers to rear view mirrors and gas filler caps, and taking up slack etc.. It went on and came off fast, and kept the interior cool, while cutting down on the bulk. Thats what you really want anyway. Easily folded and stored while on the road. That can be a big +
Bill

California Car Cover has a pattern for a cover to fit a GT40 MK1.

Depending on the type of cover, indoor or
outdoor, and type of material used, the
prices range from $199.99 to $399.99.
Two week delivery time.

Bill

I can speak for the California Car Cover product. I have one for my MKI. Fit is excellent. They will put mirror pockets in as needed. Mine is going on four years old, and has held up very well. Highly recommend you take a look at their product.

Jack

I think the cover that Califonia Cover is selling was originally made for my company American GT as I was including them with finished cars. When I first called them they did not have a pattern for one. Ca. cover sent me a measurement sheet and I took the dimensions directly from my car from which they made a pattern and it fits great. My molds were made from old KVA molds. I have only ordered them in the light weight for inside storage but it has been laid in every kind of oil and has held up great. I was ordering mine in red but I think they will do any color.
Chris.

I bought the California Cover two months ago. The quality is exellent and the fit is terrific. A darn good deal for the money.

Hersh
smile.gif

Back