GT40 Goodwood Track Day - Sponsored by Reflex Nutrition

Re: wiv regards to the track day

James,

Yes and No.

For a track day i.e the GTD40 Club Track Day - No.

If you want to compete in the hill climbs and sprints then yes.

You'll need a Non Race National "B" license, this will allow you to compete in hillclimbs and sprints but NOT races. You cannot use slicks on this license either, only road tyres.

To use slicks you need to upgrade to an "A" license. This achieved by entering 5 events in a given season and getting the required sigs on your "B" license. You send this back to the MSA and you've got your "A" license.

You'll need to self certify your health and provide the name and address of your doctor.

Simple!

Regards,

J.P

ok cheers jp i will be there bout 2 in the mornin then lol n find a driver as soon as one turns up he he

think i will deffinately be doing you guys down south on the 23rd! my 40 isnt in my hands yet - so ill bring my ford 1970 302 small block (i wont mention its a mustang for the worry of being stoned!) any northern guys come say hi!
p.s if somebody would like to take me round the track i would be very very blessed!!!!!

All day. Get there early to sign a disclaimer and then get on your knees and beg for a ride! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Malcolm

Supporter

James

You asked about RACE LICENSES above and JP replied. Can I just clarify that to do hill climbs and sprints you do not need a RACE licence but a SPEED licence and there is a marked difference in getting these two items. When the time comes and the Lord does sees fit for you to have your 40, call me and I will happily explain all to you. It isn't rocket science so I am sure you will easily find the way to where you want to be track/competition wise.

Hope your prayers are answered soon!

Back