GT40 in a barn

I know we have all heard this before, but there is an original GT40 in a beautiful old red cow barn in Mass. On the coldest day of the year I got to check out chassis # 1030 in this barn. It was so cold, that we had to cut our stay short. The owner was really nice to let a friend and I in to to paw all over & take pictures of his car. I needed a few dimensions to help me with my project. My hands were so cold I was nervous about dropping the tape-measure on his car and scratching it. This car was at the Ford Co. for the past few years on loan to help in designing the new GT. It must be the most original GT left. I guess it hasn't been changed much over the years. It was painted a light blue with no other markings... nice clean & simple. Hope to see it out in the sun light this summer out of that old dark, dusty, and drafty cow barn. If you like barns.....you would die for this one!

yes post some pics. The bigger question is does he want to sell it? And why store it in a barn??????

Apparently 1030 spent quite a lot of time at Ford during the design of the GT. Pardo and his team were even given white knuckle rides in the car around the test track at Dearborn, and this may have helped to inspire the whole project.

1030 looks like a totally original car, even down to the sill badges. I'd love to see some images, but in the meantime the link below is to 1030 with the yellow Ford Concept.

http://www.ford-gt.com/concept/concept30.jpg

Cheers!

Rob

Sorry guys, I took only close-up pictures of details that I needed for my project. I didn't take any of the whole car..it was too dark even with the flash. Do you really want to see a close-up photo of the front cornner of the demister grill looking down through the windshield? I used regular 35mm film. I think I would loose the clarity if I scanned them into my computer and tried to post them some how. I was there really to take down some dimensions.
I did find out that the demister grill I got from far away isn't the right one. On the original I saw # 1030, the front edge and cornners are flat with no place for screws to mount it. You could never get a screw driver in there anyway with the windshield so close.
This car had four tail lights that looked like a Lucas parts. They looked like Lotus parts to me. Too bad it was so cold, I would have taken many more photos.

Back