GT40 Manufacturers List?

Good day all,

I was just curious if anyone out there has a complete (or nearly complete) list of GT40 manufacturers, including build-it-yourselves, turnkey minus, and turnkey. I realise prices do change, especially for us Canadians who have a yearly yo-yo of an exchange rate, so i wont ask for that. But if someone could post a list or send me a link to one that would be great,
thanks in advance!

-J.Morrow-

one day i'll have one.... one day... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I'm new here too.

Good post. I was wondering the same. If I may add...

How faithful to the real thing are they? Are there manufacturers who do things exactly the same as opposed to others who make changes for creature comforts etc?

Cheers

A follow up question:

This may be heresy in the gt40 circle, i dont know im pretty new here, but does anyone manufacture aluminum or stainless steel bodies? As much as I have completely fallen head over heels in love with the gt40 styling, i've never been a big fan of fiberglass and the like.

Some aluminum body parts were built for a couple
of the original cars, but I don't believe that anyone has done it
in recent years.
Fiberglass is a lot easier to repair, in the event of a shunt.
If you hate glass that much, and want an aluminum bodied
GT40, all it takes is $$$$$$, and lots of it!

Ron Earp

Admin
The original cars were fiberglass as well...and in just about all cases had a fit and finish much less than what you find in any of the replicas seen today.

If anyone who is handy with HTML would like to make a manufacturer's page I'd be happy to host it on the site. I've been meaning to do such a thing, but I've never got the time.

R

Ron,

I'm kind of handy with .html. I'd be glad to compile a list for you as long as someone can populate it for me. Not sure what format you want it in, but a simple list should be a no brainer. Maybe with links and all.

Cheers

Back