GT40 racing decals

A complete set of decals which includes most of those used on GT40s at LeMans in 1968/1969. Available in static cling vinyl for re-use or adhesive backed vinyl for permanent application. Each set of two decal sheets includes the following decals: Goodyear, Ferodo, Trico, Koni, Autolite, Battery, Extinguisher, 2 Gulf w/Flags (one for door, one for tail - 2 sheets does 2 doors and left and right tail). As an added bonus, you also get the folowing Cobra decals, which were sometimes used on GT40s: Castrol, Pure, Esso, Wynn's. A 9-inch Gulf decal on adhesive backed vinyl is also available and is most often placed on the GT40 nose. Please email me for prices and shipping. Lyn Larsen has graciously offeredd to post photos of the decals so stay tuned for pics.
shocked.gif

G

Conclusion from picture...This isn't Lynn's car or else Lynn is colour blind and believes red is in fact atlantic blue!
grin.gif

In fact it is interesting (and good) to see how a red car (not my personal first choice of colour) looks so good without a stripe on it. So many 40's that don't have stripes seem to miss something to me. This one though has it, most likely due to the stickers. Does the orange of the gulf clash with the red in the flesh too?

Which replica is it?

Malcolm

And talking of colours, when people ask me and don't know of the Gulf connection I like to tell them that my car is light blue with a big orange stripe in the centre with white dots on!

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

G

No this isn't my car Malcolm. I believe it is James Giacomo's car, the fellow selling the decals. His engine (and mine for that matter) may be seen on the "Bundle of Snakes - New Source" topic in this forum. I am not certain which car this is, but judging bye the sway bar mounts in the engine picture, I am going to guess a KVA. I know James is a stickler for authenticity and his sway looks just like a real one. (my sway bar was not mounted at the time the photo was made.) I do notice it is left hand drive though. So, James, which is it? I don't recall if you told me in one of your emails. (they are on other computer which is shut down right now.)

My car doesn't have the paint on it yet so the Bright Atlantic Blue is a "gonna have." Right now it is a kind of mottled black with blotches of white polyester putty ;-)

Back