GT40 vs 2020 Corvette

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I have had a deposit on the Zora since last August . Now it looks like it has been moved out until 2025. I’ll wait as patiently as I can for now.

.https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.com/forum/me-discussion-photos-videos/140625-650-hp-z06-and-all-corvette-development-work-halted

Yeah...and the release date will undoubtedly CONTINUE to be pushed back. And once it IS launched, it'll probably be designated a "limited production" car...so, unless you're Jay Leno or his like, you can probably forget buying a NEW ONE anytime soon after that, Brian. In addition, if you CAN buy a new one, it'll undoubtedly have a HEFTY "dealer premium" (ADM) attached.

SMH

Last edited:

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Larry , you and I communicated last year about this after I placed the deposit. I was assured by the dealer and have it in writing, that the Zora will be sold to me at MSRP, without any dealer mark ups or add ons. He did say that it was only his guess, but he thought production would be limited to 500 cars. Hopefully I’ll live long enough to to get it in my shop. This virus crap has put my Lola on hold for a year the way it looks. I had 3 big jobs coming in to pay for that, but it looks like they aren’t happening. At first, they were postponed, currently it looks like they will be canceled. But the Zora money is currently making me pretty good interest.

Regards Brian

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry , you and I communicated last year about this after I placed the deposit. I was assured by the dealer and have it in writing, that the Zora will be sold to me at MSRP, without any dealer mark ups or add ons. He did say that it was only his guess, but he thought production would be limited to 500 cars...

I truly hope that all pans out for you, Brian.
I had a similar deal set up on a car back in the early 2000s. After far too much time had passed w/o being contacted about the car, I checked into things and discovered the dealer was putting OTHER buyers' orders ahead of mine sales-wise. THOSE sales each involved an ADM.
'Got my deposit back and walked away...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Well, I'll wait some time and see. The signed deposit slip says I am number nine on the list for the Zora. I will have a RCR Lola before then anyway. But, here's to hoping.:)

Regards Brian

Back