GT40NZ#3010 Denis

Photo 4

Attachments

• 43772-firstpaintgt40004.JPG
    43772-firstpaintgt40004.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 586
Been working on the GT. Installed shift cables, Tack welded the bundle of snakes, Steering column and wheel in for final.Things moving along now. Ordered all brake calipers and pedal assemblies. will post photos next time.

Started the engine yesterday!!IT'S ALIVE!!!! What a great feeling. I have done alot since my last post.All the radiator hoses, heater hoses, wiring, brake cables,fuel pump, filters, fuel injection computer wiring. I used a "Simple Digital System" to run the injection. This is all new to me, yet the engine ran with only one wiring problem. The hot wire to the sds would not be hot when the key was in start position so the engine would not run.Putting power direct to the sds solved that problem and the gt fired up. I still need to dial it in. I will read up on the details and hopefully I will have it running properly.I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. I am anxious to assemble the body,but shall remain patient until all is complete inside the driving compartment.I hope to have time the week between Christmas and New Years to complete the rest of the inside. My crew have the week off and I will try to do the same and spend the time in the shop.

A little setback!! Was trying to lean out the engine and heard a squeeling coming out of the bell housing?? One step forward and ten back.Had to remove the transaxle. Found a throw out bearing that exploded? This was new as is most everything so what gives??I replaced it and checked clearance. I made some adjusments and did manage to get the bearing to clear the pressure plate a little more. we will see. I guess I won,t make the World of Wheels show in Boston this week with the GT.I am very close though. I will have time to finish up before spring.I will post photos when assembled

How about some more pics, Denis?

Speaking of setbacks,,,,, I've been so busy with other commitments that my NZ car sat on the backburner for many months.

I have finally decided to set aside a few hours a week to it.
I have stripped the chassis back down to bare frame and made a number of mods/improvements.
The chassis is now back from powderpainting, (black chrome).

Hydraulic plumbing & alum paneling can now be done & I am going to use plenty of heat/sound deadening, as this is to be a "driver".
I plan to take detailed pics and put them on my clubphoto site periodically.

Final assembly now in progress.I,ll try to post a photo or 2.

Attachments

• 50271-DSCF0001.JPG
    50271-DSCF0001.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 608
Sorry for the bad photo. rebatched to a poor setting. ow to color sand and buffing, YUK!! At least you can see production at this point. It seems as though the GT did not change much since Sept. when I painted it. I should be all set for spring running. Will post completed photos soon I hope.

took the gt out of the barn today for its first wash and actually the first drive. Out to wash then right back in again. The snow and salt on the roads will make me wait longer for a good first run.I just posted photos on the gallery. The SDS computer is letting the engine run but there is a lot of tuning to be done. As soon as I can drive it out with a passenger, we can dial in the SDS.Hopefully this will work out without too much trouble.

Just can't tell you how pumped up I am. Took the GT for a ride today. The roads were relatively dry and I just had to go.I had help from my brotherinlaw who is a computer nut. He helped with the SDS system enough to go for a drive.We are working on the setup of the system. I can see now that we will ultimately get it down.It will take some time though. I have completed the interior and all I have left to do besides dialing in the SDS is the A/C system. All remaining parts for that have been ordered and I will work on that as it comes in. I guess I don't have to worry about that any time too soon.

hello everyone, haven't posted in a long time! just recently found a way to get my gt40! i have purchased this gt40nz!from user DENIS. i hope to see the car between the 8th and the 12th, i used intercity lines and so far they seem good.chomping at the bit! have a great 4th!

wellllll. i would like the car more if i could drive it for more than 5 miled without a problem! having difficulty with the transaxle adaptor, and a transaxle leak, shifter issues and a coolant leak from the intake manifold! lots more sorting than i was led to believe! the car is beautiful but currently fussy! i will get everything sorted asap and start to really enjoy the car. i hope!i may have to sell the car if things don't start looking upsoon financially . thanks!

g'day guys. i'm the guilty one re the alloy panels and inner guard aprons ( well the design and making of the mould for them anyway)i took some care with the panels and there wasnt a scratch on them when they left auckland. do you like the knocked over internal edges and the tub fit. god knows why i wasnt allowed to final fit the panels but thats politics for you eh. regards stephen carr.

yep yep......
this car has now reached its final destination.(hopefully)
it is living and roaring in Luxembourg, in good ol Europe. It arrived here in May 2009, with, yes, the same problems it had over there in the states, coolant leaking, shifter problems and most annoying of all, impossible to drive the car for more than 5 miles, and several more problems. A big big mess.
But finally we solved the major issues, which can be attributed solely to the engineering skills of the constructor/builder.
But apart from those "minor" issues:shocked:, this car is very well build.
Investment to bring it on the road so far: $10000:po:, with still oversized 48 throttle bodies sitting on top.
will keep on posting when the season starts

J-C

Hi Jean Claude

Congrats to your purchase

as we use to say here, a post like this is worthless without pics :)))

Thanks

TOM

you`re right man,
here we go......
:pepper:

J-C

Attachments

• GT40FRONTVIEW.jpg
    GT40FRONTVIEW.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 349
  • GT40FRONT_SIDE_VIEW.jpg
    GT40FRONT_SIDE_VIEW.jpg