GTD brake servo info.

Hi guy,s, has anyone got details of the type of Lockheed servo,s fitted to the GTD. i.e. hyd. cylinder bore size and operating ratio 2.5 or 3/1 etc.
I have been having the usual brake sticking on problem, in my case with the rear brakes. I have just removed and cleaned the small piston that usually causes the problem so the next test run out will see if this has corrected the problem. If not I would like to replace the servo thus the request for details of same, without me having to strip it down. I run AP5000 fronts and Scorpio rears.

Regards Ron.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Ron,
I had this problem too, cleaned the pistons, then refurbished the servos, but still had problems, so I upgraded the brakes to get the right effort and balance without servos.
I was told by the people who supplied the refurbish kit that my servos were not the 'normal' type so whatever that means, it could be a reason why they caused problems. However, to look at them they look the same as the others I have seen on GTD's etc (mine is a DAX).
If you do a search, or look at my profile and look at threads started by me you will find more info. Others have started threads on the subject too.

fwiw numbers on my servos on aluminium tags 4257 818 7 (both)
additional numbers L46F on one L48F on the other

regards
Dave

Last edited:
Back