GTD GT40 For Sale - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GTD GT40 For Sale

OK GUYS, It looks like my funding should be adequate to get the car with enough left for some track time(if it ever comes). 07 was when I should have had My $$ which would have been MUCH more than NOW, would have bought it THEN, but it seams that the car has just been waiting for ME to find it, I only hope it can wait just a little bit longer for Me.
THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGEMENT!

Alex, Having owned my CAV for two years I can tell you first and foremost you'll become a member of a very elite group. (Read: all these people on this forum) Barring one or two you won't meet a better group of people willing to do just about anything for you to aid in the enjoyment of ownership. Second, I can't think of anything that's made me happier then arriving home late Friday after work opening the garage door and seeing my GT40 sitting there waiting to be driven and driven hard. I slip down into the cockpit, turn on the fuel pumps, pump the "go" pedal to prime the webers and turn the key and then hear that Ford lump jump to life just inches behind my head, I slip it into gear and aim it for the open road and enjoy.

Buy the car and enjoy life at 100+ mph with a view of the world many will never see or experience.

Keep in mind that Both SAAC and the Shelby Registry (which is administered by SAAC) have nothing to do with Mr. Shelby himself, it is an independent organization run by the owners of the cars, and was/is in litigation with CS over the rights to the registry which was/is compiled/maintained by SAAC which is probably why the SPF "continuation" cars are not included.
:thumbsup: Yeah right. Thanks for this information Chris. I hope that they can fix that issue. :D

OK, lets see if this works. Playing around with a GoPro today, the car is a bit louder than on the video, but what do you expect from a mic of this size, even used the open back enclosure.

So the embed didnt work, if the audio is jumpy, just click on the HD at the bottom to turn HD off, here's the link.

http://vimeo.com/24093675

One of the things I truly like about this car is that its been sitting this time for @ 2 months, starts right up as always.

Last edited:

OK, DID YA HAVE TO DO THAT??? I have been avoiding this thread till I get the $$$ for this VERY reason.
NOW Im dyin to see it and hopefully take it home.:thumbsup:

OK, lets see if this works. Playing around with a GoPro today, the engine is a bit louder than on the video, but what do you expect from a mic of this size, even used the open back enclosure.

So the embed didnt work, if the audio is jumpy, just click on the HD at the bottom to turn HD off, here's the link.

GTD40 w/ new GoPro on Vimeo

One of the things I truly like about this car is that its been sitting this time for @ 2 months, starts right up as always.

nice vid

Took the car out today, ran like a top, drove into Monterey and then Moss Landing. I'm going to knock $500 off the price in interest of finding a good home for it as I have some interest maybe an offering of $53k might spur one of you to pull the trigger. You can find me tooling around during the Historics weekend here in the next couple of weeks. Its hard to miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back