GTD Supercars, from the horses mouth!

This message is just to let everyone know that we are still trading. We moved locations twice at the end of 2001 which may have started some unfounded rumours about our demise.
Just to put the record straight we ARE working in conjuction with CAV and have forged a very strong relationship with them. The car we now sell has all the CAV modifications on it but is available in kit form from us. GTD will also be selling the CAV monocoque and will have a demo car available towards the end of March. The Spaceframe will also still be available. Just for you racers out there we can now produce a carbon fibre body in Mk1 or Mk2 format.
We are in the process of replacing our old website and we will be putting prices on the new one and regularly updating it. Our phone number is 01675 465888 or fax 01675 465985 or email us at [email protected] for our new flyer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Just to put the record straight we ARE working in conjuction with CAV and have forged a very strong relationship with them. The car we now sell has all the CAV modifications on it but is available in kit form from us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is interesting, as I was under the impression that if I live in the US and wanted a GTD then I either had to buy a CAV or locate a GTD car or kit from an individual seller either here or in the UK. To clarify, you will be making GTD kits available to US customers other than CAV?

I look forward to seeing some of your pricing and specifications on your web site. Please contact me off-list by email if you have information available now. Thanks.

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: Mark Worthington ]

G

GTD supercars,
Did you ever consider setting up a shop in the States. I am sure our labour and property would be less costly than in the UK. Property in certain states is still a bargain.
I know you dont like the beer, but guinnes is available.

G

GTD Supercars

It is good to see you make a posting here telling us what is going to happen. I really hope it works for you. Could I ask a favour that should help you, in that either you write a small peice for the GTD club mag so all members can hear this good news or can I have your consent to copy your posting from here and get it inserted as a message from the factory? Our next mag is now being worked upon and should technically got to print end of Feb.

Malcolm

G

Nice to hear from GTD Supercars Ltd
smile.gif

Much rumours without substance about GTD.
Let us know more about the progress of GTD.
/Poul

Hi Malcolm

We would be more than happy for you to quote us on the above piece, no probs. Send us a copy. Feel free to drop us a line anytime. Oh by the way we are taking delivery of our new 2002 spec demo car soon, want to come and look? Maybe you could do a piece on that as well. It will be a stainless steel monocoque.

Do you have any date re: the relative merits of your monocoque versus space frame?
e.g. weight, stiffness, price?
Is the principal reason for a more original replica?
Thanks
Rob

Back