GTD Supercars Ltd

Hello everyone!

This is just a message to let people knoe that we are still in business (hasnt anyone seen the advert in "Which Kit"?)
We now have large stocks of GTd spares even elusive ones such as windscreens are now readily available. We are still more than interested in the GT40 side of things. However we have also diversified and are now also running a British Touring Car Team from our premises ( We are currently leading the Teams Championship and one of our drivers is second in the drivers championship) - however it must be said that this has not influenced or distracted us away from the GT40s. We are still in close contact with CAV although we are still waiting for our monocoque demonstrator car - it should be here very soon now and it should comprehensilvely blow the socks off any other GT40 replica currently available in the UK. We have a long list of people who atre coming to see the new car and we will raise our company profile significantly when it arrives. Please feel free to post any questions you may have contact us directly with any spares requirements or questions that you may have.

[email protected]

tel - 01675 465888
fax - 01675 465985

GTD,
Have you thought of "kitting up" a set of parts to retrofit rear aluminum uprights on prior GTDs? There are some ali uprights available, but typically access to a machine shop is required to make all the bits and get them to properly fit together. I would think offering the uprights, new brackets and a fastener set in a box would be a popular upgrade.
Brian

G

Another vote with Brian. My almost completed GTD was puchased in 1989 (18089) and I would be very interested in a kit of parts to completely upgrade to current specs.

Ben

Glad to hear you haven't given up the 40! For all us yanks it would help if you would update your web sight. Who are the contacts? What is your pricing? What kind of upgrades are available? What are you using for a transaxle? What kind of upgrade for the brakes is available? Are you going to continue the space frame or are you going to the monocoque only? What size wheels are you using? Lots of questions come up when trying to decide on which manufacturer to go with.

Fellow GTD company,

Could you give us an idea on how many GTD cars are now being sold and since when exactly?
Just out curiousity as myne is a chassis with an invoice of 1985...

Tx
Fred

confused.gif
Ok, so now I'm really confused. Based on the "reply" message from CAV to your announcement in the "which mfg." thread, they've made is sound like you are only going to source a "race version" car for a series you plan to implement. So, since us Yanks (well this one anyway) seem to be slow on the up-take - are you still producing KITS for sale for complete cars for export to the US? If so, will you still provide the space frame chassis for these kits? I've sent a number of e-mails to the address you've listed in this post with no reply so any information would be greatly appreciated.

mad.gif
OK, I've tried to contact GTD at the address listed in the first topic of this thread, and also at "[email protected]" as well and both addresses return as "host unknown" or "cannot locate host" - so is GTD really there? Does anyone know? Thanks for any assistance.

Ron Earp

Admin
GTD Supercars - Since we Yanks are somewhat uninformed on the UK/GT40 scene why don't you give us the entire story of GTD and CAV? It would be interesting to learn.

Someone from CAV might be able to do this as well, but I remember when I asked someone attending the CAV tent at Knott's 2001 the answer was vague to say the least. I imagine things have changed and are more clear these days.

Just wanting to know some of the issues and happenings on the GT40 scene.

Thanks,

Ron

Back