gtd temperature gauge

Hi guys here to pick your brains again, the temp gauge on my gtd isn't working i looked on the back and seems to be a tube on to the back of the gauge, does it need bleeding? or has the gauge got to be replaced. any ideas would be great
cheers guys
Adam

Malcolm

Supporter
If it is what I think it is then it can't be fixed. The old water temp senders have a flexible metal tube that runs to the sender in the inlet manifold. The guage has a complete dial face or just a half dial face? If it has a complete dial face then it is likely to be an old style guage. You may well need to swap it out for a more modern electric temp guage which likely will only have a half dial face. This issue happened to me a long time back. Apologies for perhaps a poor description but hopefully you might make sense of some of this!

Adam:
Malcolm hit it spot on. The capillary tube is unrepairable unless you have the proper equipment. Also, changing out the gauge, as you will find out, means snaking the capillary thru the whole chassis to the motor. Go for an electrical gauge, run an extra wire and you will be in good shape.
Cheers
Phil

thanks for the advice guys im going to have a look over the weekend, if im going to replace it which one and where should i go?
cheers
Adam

Back