Guess what Jools drove today...

Well, apart from his GTD, he also had a go in a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera... Which apparently was 'rather nice'...:)

Attachments

• smlaIMG_0797.jpg
    smlaIMG_0797.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 427
  • smlbIMG_0804.jpg
    smlbIMG_0804.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 412
  • smlcIMG_0793.jpg
    smlcIMG_0793.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 425
Oh, and I quite liked this too... RUF RT12 Porsche...

3.8L - 2WD and speaking to its young owner, 'tweeked' to 704 Bhp eek!:eek:

That ought to sort the men from the boys..
(now where's that 'piggy-bank'? - shake rattle shake rattle - :()

Attachments

• smldIMG_0796.jpg
    smldIMG_0796.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited:
Does Jools Holland have a GTD then?

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - Simon - I should have said Julian Kingston-Smith...

He said it was similiar, but different, to his 355F1, although it had lots of low down grunt, feeling a lot more 'brutal' than the 'delicate' feel of the spyder...

Jools? - speak up...what did you reckon?

VCC56

Lifetime Supporter
Nice pics! Looks like you had dry weather there, in Bath it p****d down all day! Jools, give us a report on the Iti V10? I've heard it scream at a few events, but never driven one. I did however have a few laps in a Murciélago at Thruxton and totally hated it! Compared to the 40 it was like driving a large automatic barge!

Hi Guys, sorry for the delay in responding, but after 26hrs awake I thought I should have a little kip this morning !!
Yes the Lambo was really great fun. Much more brutal than the Fezza, more raging bull than thoroughbred race horse. Audi have done a great job on the build, far, far better than the build of the f-car. The interior is all perfectly woven carbon fibre and production quality stiched alcantera.
Don't know that I would bother with the extra 28k for the superleggera over the "standard car", it looks outstanding but when I took it out onto the open road the revised suspension settings are not as compliant as others in normal driving mode( it has been biased towards a stiffer track setting), and the massive ceramic brake upgrade on these models is just horrible when trying to move gently around town. Common to most ceramic brakes they offer about as much feel as a Routemaster bus until you press just that little bit further and proceed to stand the car on it's nose!
The standard fit tyres are not great for combined track/road use, unlike Porsche/Michelin cup tyres for instance.When Mike Wildes took it for a Quick blast round Donnington he managed to increase the hot tyre pressures up to nearly 50 psi in just 3 quick laps. We thought that having the tyres shaved to remove some tread may help, as a subtantial amount of heat generated in the tyres was most likely a result of the substantial tread blocks moving about.
In conclusion, would I have one? A Porsche gt3 RS is so much more usable if you want to drive over to the Ring ,blast around and get home without drama in time for tea. A 40 is just so much more fun on track, and a far purer driving experience, but the Lambo would be fantastic for taking for that blast out to the pub/across Europe ! and in much the same way whenever you take a ferarri or 40 out on the road the reaction from other road users and onlookers makes any trip out an occasion . Or to conclude another way Lambo UK have taken my number !!

Hi Guys!

Jools spot on with your observations.

I have a standard current Gallardo and love it, an absolutely superb car for long journeys.

Its not the best car around the track, but since I don't use it on the track I don't really care (and you'd never get on Goodwood 110db +). On the road its untouchable. You can drive them hard in the wet without any worries - that could not be said for the GT3RS!!

Putting my name down for a new LP560.

Hi James -

Nice to see you in here again, it's been a while.

Yet another very nice car to add to your stable, do you still frequent the odd trackday? (with other suitable vehicles?) - I'd be interested of getting a few photo's of the cars on the move...

Back