Hans Stuck racing video

Hey all,

I found this on another site and thought it was just a great video! Hans Stuck driving a beautiful course in a BMW and just tearing it up.

I love the sound of straight cut gears...

Video is about 8 minutes long. I've never tried attaching something here before so we'll see if it works... it might be too big.

Hmmm... well, it doesn't seem like it is going to let me attach the video. I tried, but the explorer window just keeps thinking and never finishes.

If you're interested, let me know how I might be able to go about posting it so it will work and I'll give it another go.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Do you mean this one with him driving the X5 around the Nurburgring? web page
It is 44MB so it can take a while, so after you open that web page, it is better to right click on the title and select 'Save Target As', then you can play it off your hard drive.
regards
Dave

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
John, [ QUOTE ]

I love the sound of straight cut gears...

Video is about 8 minutes long.

[/ QUOTE ]

now I see you mean the second video of the M3 GTR that I had not seen. Just downloaded it, and it is awesome, stirs the blood. In car camera looking forward with inset of driver from side, a full lap of the new / old Nurburgring combo. Anybody who gets excited by in car footage on great circuits by great drivers should see this!

btw John, from what you said, are you trying to attach the whole video to your post? If so dont, it's the only the URL you need to post by clicking on Reply, or Post, then clicking on URL, and pasting the address into the box. Hope this helps. Back to watching the video!
regards
Dave

David

Lifetime Supporter
Man, I would love to have seen a tach/speedo inset also.

Stuck can drive - thanks for the site!

David Lowell

Yes, that's the one (the second one on the page you linked)! Thanks!

I had seen the video posted at another site and downloaded it... I went back and tried to just link it to my post above, but the link was dead... so I tried attaching the file. Too big I guess.

Yes, that video gets me going! I too would love to have seen how fast he was running and how high that car was taching up.

I read that the engine in the car is a small V8 (around 4L).

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
That has to be one of the best in-car movies I have ever seen !! Man, that Hans Stuck can drive - he must have been at 11/10ths the WHOLE way round !!

Also, it brings home the sheer scale of the 'Ring compared to most dinky little modern circuits - awesome ! To think that in the early days, the GP drivers used to do it huge +600hp cars on skinny crossplys, leather helmets, no seat belts, etc. Holy Cr*p !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Amazing footage, thanks for the link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuck certainly outclassed everybody else on the 'Ring that

day! He was passing them as though they were all in reverse!

Love that sequential gearbox and those straight cut gears!

I'd love to know his average lap speed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Can that guy drive,

or what??!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Fantastic video!!! Encore!! Author!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My god, what an awesome video, had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up all the way through it. Amazing!!

Keith

I may be missing something here chaps, but where exactly is the link to this awesome video? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Tilt! Got it now. Thanks.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Keith

Wow! Having driven the old 'ring I know how quick that was! Fantasically sorted car, and old Hans not only knew the track blindfold (even after 20 laps I never knew exactly where I was) he had so much confidence in the car, there was absolutely no hesitation even in off-camber blind crests. Every apex millimetre perfect. A masterclass driving lesson....Awesome, thanks for the link. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Phew! I feel quite shaky after watching that. His commitment is awesome and I am not sure I would share his touching faith in the other cars not to change lines etc...

The one that scares me is the guy who put on his left turn signal and then moved to the left. Usually on a race track turning on your signal is an indication of which side you want the guy to pass you on - same as a point-by. If I'd seen that signal, I would have moved left and probably just about rear-ended the guy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Back