Headlight?

Thanks for the information. I looked both lights up on the website and have questions.

When the website says, about the high beam, that it is "H9 Halogen", does that mean it is NOT an HID lamp (the usual designation of an HID headlight), or does it mean that it is an HID lamp but it uses Halogen instead of Xenon?

Can we get Xenon low and high-beam lights for the Superlight Coupe?

I clicked on the link and found them!

Thanks, Ted: you da MAN!

Does the SL-C racing team use Xenon headlights at night? They need to see a long way at night, for they go rather quickly . . . :)

Think twice before replacing halogen lamps with HID lamps. These lamps produce light in very different ways from different geometries. A halogen headlight assembly is designed for a halogen lamp. Swapping in an HID lamp can result in unsafe, even illegal headlights that will direct high-intensity light in directions that it shouldn't go.

Yeah, a simple bulb swap is probably the wrong way to go. You need to buy the actual HID projection lamps. I know the early Acura TSX projection lamps are very popular for swaps cause they work very well and have a very defined cut-off line to keep from blinding oncoming traffic.

Dec012010_2120tsxresize.JPG

Back