Hello Again!

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Hi everyone, its been a very long time since I visited the GT40 forums here. Years in fact. I popped in to share that my Husband, Brad Smith has passed away. He had a very rare cancer and left me in April. We own Superformance P2107. It was one of his dream cars and he loved driving it whenever he could. My world has been torn apart and now I have to deal with parting with some of the cars he had collected over the years. I need to have them appraised before I can part with them though. Would you guys know of someone that might be able to appraise the GT40 for a reasonable fee? I really hate to sell it, I enjoy driving it, but it is temperamental and not really all that practical. I thought I would ask in here to see if anyone might know an appraiser before trusting someone that knows nothing about it. I am in Washington state.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Salina. Sorry to hear of Brads passing. May he RIP. You might send forum member Cliffbeer2.
a note, He is going through the same thing with his fathers cars, and lives in Washington also. Here is his recent post.
Hopefully this will help. Click on his name in the post below.

Regards Brian

Salina, i am sorry to hear about your loss. When you are asking for an appraisal are you looking for someone to come to review the car and provide an "official" appraisal or are you attempting to make sure you get a fair offer? If looking for the latter, there are a couple of options:
- Call Hillbanks and see if that team will sell your car on consignment. They seem to drive a lot of the market on the West
- Olthoff Racing in North Carolina services a lot of these and sees many change hands, they have a good sense of the market. Scotty is a really nice person down there and I think could give you a perspective on value.
- Bring a Trailer (https://bringatrailer.com/ford/gt40-replica/) has sold a few of them in the last few years, the link here shows the selling prices. Note there is wide variability due the different types of manufacture so take note of the Superformance ones
- If you have pictures and a spec sheet (engine type, transaxle type, etc) the folks here could give you a sense of price

Hope that helps

Kevin

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Salina, i am sorry to hear about your loss. When you are asking for an appraisal are you looking for someone to come to review the car and provide an "official" appraisal or are you attempting to make sure you get a fair offer? If looking for the latter, there are a couple of options:
- Call Hillbanks and see if that team will sell your car on consignment. They seem to drive a lot of the market on the West
- Olthoff Racing in North Carolina services a lot of these and sees many change hands, they have a good sense of the market. Scotty is a really nice person down there and I think could give you a perspective on value.
- Bring a Trailer (https://bringatrailer.com/ford/gt40-replica/) has sold a few of them in the last few years, the link here shows the selling prices. Note there is wide variability due the different types of manufacture so take note of the Superformance ones
- If you have pictures and a spec sheet (engine type, transaxle type, etc) the folks here could give you a sense of price

Hope that helps

Kevin
I need an official appraisal for tax purposes. Probably going to get hit with capital gains type stuff when I sell it. We bought it for 85k back in 09 or 10. I will go pull its file for the particulars. I know its a Roush 427 with a ZF box. We have talked to Olthoff a few times about the car. I might drop them an email later today and see if they have any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20230617_083759.jpg
    20230617_083759.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 84

Salina Bailey

Supporter
Hello Salina. Sorry to hear of Brads passing. May he RIP. You might send forum member Cliffbeer2.
a note, He is going through the same thing with his fathers cars, and lives in Washington also. Here is his recent post.
Hopefully this will help. Click on his name in the post below.

Regards Brian

I remember talking to CliffBeers, very sad he is having to deal with all that. I think Brad may have met or known him. Brad was into Italian cars too, we have a couple of Lancias out there.

Park Place Ltd. in Bellevue, WA might be a possibility. They used to be a Superformance dealer and sell exotic cars on consignment.

Back