Hello from ~Atlanta

I found this forum looking for McLaren M8-type clone work after obtaining the NZ mag's writeup of the "McCopy" car; found the Arkansas / Manta / M8 guy as wel - cool! I've got lots of reading to do, clearly.

I'm an engineer with good CAD and fab skills; am slowly preparing to design and scratch-build my own (monocoque and EFI-coverted calliope BBC) version of a high-wing ('69) M8-B as a street car. I'll stray by having a center seat like a McLaren F1, and actually build about 108-110% scale to get the tire / wheel proportions right and more shoulder protection.

I currently have:

The Putsch Racing M8-B go-kart - now signed by Brian Redman -
McLaren M8F meets M8B Go-Kart! Seeks Posh New Home; McLaren Owner Strongly Preferred » www.Car-Revs-Daily.com

A La Carrera PanAmerica '59 Mercedes as my daily driver -The La Carrera Panamericana...: Remember The #278 Mercedes

A nice Mid-Engineering Kelmark as a weekend car -
KelmarkGT.freeforums.org • View topic - Forrest McCanless' Kelmark.

And an aero-ized '91 Accord for my wife's daily driver - 35-44 mpg in normal city / highway driving -
Finally painted and finished - - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

The attached pic is of my McLaren shrine -

Forrest McCanless

Attachments

• IMG_0318.JPG
    IMG_0318.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 218
Forrest,
Nice work. Really impressed with your skills. Where in Atlanta are you. I am in Snellville with a DRB GT-40. Would like to get the cars together for a pic or two.
I am in the middle of repainting mine. Tremendous amount of time to get it done. I am no engineer but I try with my build. Send me a PM and we might be able to get together.

Bill

Welcome Forrest, now we've got three black...err...orange sheep in the group. I'm jealous already. My shrine only includes the A and B :(

Ox

Back