Hello from Washington State

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note of introduction. I was led to this site by another "Washingtonian" and RCR Ford GT40 Mk. IV owner (BigB98).

I've enjoyed looking at his car at our weekly "Exotics @ Redmond Town Center" gathering each Saturday. You have to see his car in person. It is amazing!!!!

I've always had a love for "exotic" cars. And in fact currently own a 1986 Lamborghini Countach 5000QV. Before that, I had a 2002 Maserati GT Coupe and a 1983 Lamborghini Jalpa. My '06 Saab 9-5 is currently on consignment with our local Saab dealer and when it sells, I'll start my search for a Maserati Quattroporte. :D

As retirement is getting closer for me, I've begun to think about a project to keep my occupied. At first I was looking at the Lola T70 Coupe since I always loved that car as a kid. But, after watching Stacey David on Gearz, I'm also thinking about the SL-C.

Decisions, decisions....

Anyhow, attached is a shot of my current baby at a photo shoot for our locally based car care company, Griot's Garage.

Attachments

• GG1.jpg
    GG1.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 203
Welcome to the forum Mike. You'll have to visit RCR sometime to put eyeballs on
the SL-C. Lot's of info here...

Enjoy!

Nice ride and Welcome. Jacks' right (as usual!) lots of info on this site and we entertain a world of extremely talented individuals.

Mike! Welcome from a non-liberal Washingtonian from the far east side. There are 3 GT40's over here in the Spokane area. Two SPF's and a CAV. I'am dieing to get hooked up with you guys for an event (weather permitting) to see that GT40 MKIV in and out. I got a few photos of it at LaGuna Seca but the owner wasn't around to open it up. Forever Ford...............Rich CAV#99

Rich:

The E@RTC event is amazing! Loads of incredible cars show up! Doesn't matter if you like American, Italian, British, German, etc.. they are usually always represented there! I know one Saturday early in the season, I got to see another car that I was in LOVE with as a kid. A 2-owner 1970 Plymouth Superbird with the 426 Hemi and 4 speed manual gearbox! CRIKEY! I was like a kid in a candy store looking at that!!! Here is their website:
Exotics At Redmond Town Center | The Largest Weekly Exotic Car Gathering North of Los Angeles

One other event that is really neat, is the 1st Saturday of every month, Griots Garage (at their flagship store in Tacoma), has an event called "Caffeine & Gasoline" where all gearheads gather. They usually always fire up one of Richard Griot's race cars. This coming Saturday will be the ex-Barry McLaren - McLaren M6A/1. What a sound! Here is a short video I shot when they fired it up last year:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lck6eJ2GOW4&feature=plcp]McLaren Start at Griots.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

Also, last month Dave Bowman with LOKAR TV were at Griot's Garage filming an episode on the event. Yours truly appears around the 14:15 mark talking to Dave about the Countach:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHi1YiZRYy4]The Lokar Car Show: Caffeine & Gasoline - YouTube[/ame]

Back