Hello to everyone!

HI all,

i am new to these forums, but have been reading these pages for a while now.
I'm in my mid forties, so technically must be entering my mid-life crisis :laugh:
Having owned a few 911's and currently a 911 Turbo, I have enjoyed many motoring experiences, and restored a few cars in my younger years.

I now find myself desperate to complete a lifetimes ambition, and build a GT40, surely the most beatiful car on the road. Having just forked out for a house extension, including a big garage ;) , I have the room to get started (but very little money at the moment :cry: )...

you guys all seem to pull together well and have a friendly and very informative site, and i'm looking forward to picking some brains (and helping where I can), in order to fulfil this ambition.

Cheers, and good to be here!!!

Hi Graham and welcome. get yourself along to one of the UK meets, you can chat to members and if the weathers not too bad there will probably be some cars you can look at/sit in.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I will head to a few events in the coming months, although it will drive me mad with anticipation :(

Cheers,

Graham

Graham,
Welcome to the forum. As you have discovered, there are quite a few very helpful and knowledgable folks here. Enjoy!

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Graham

I know it is a bit of a run but we have a club meeting on Tuesday night at West Meon near Winchester. I doubt there will be any cars there but there is normally about 10 people who will talk GT40.s all night. More details of the venue are on the club website GT40 Enthusiasts Club. Might be worth the trip to get more info.

Brian.

Welcome Graham, quite a lot of GTs in the UK (although they don't come out very often) have a look around the site and chat to a few local to you, or if you fancy a run to the coast you will always be welcome in Torquay where I would be happy to take you out for a run to get a feel of the car.
I'm originally from Chippenham and return for a visit quite often (though rarely in the GT) and I know there's a few guys on here that regularly go to Swindon or area.
Chris

Back