hello

Hello all

i have kva mk 1 in a million pieces and which i hope to put on the road, iis their any advice or build manual for the mark 1? i have a ford 302 engine and renault gearbox any advice would be a help

Regards

Malc

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Malc,

Welcome to gt40s.com !!!!

I think you've come to the right place looking for help. There's a number of guys that know the KVA on this forum.. Make sure you put a note in the "All GT40" forum;

All GT40 - GT40s.com

Welcome Malc
Whereabouts in the UK are you? Maxiboy has a Mk 1 KVA in Dorset, he might be able to assist or point you to someone who can. Hope you get it together, there seems to be quite a few popping up lately, but another GT on the road is always welcome.
Chris

Mike Pass

Supporter
Hi Malc,
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of KVA owners around. As to the build manual ........ Ken Vincent Atwell of KVA said that if you need a manual you shoulldn't be building one! The very early chassis (ie Cortina front axle and home made style rear trailing arms) is not the best base to start from as it is not good and will seriously limit the worth of the car when finished. The later C type chassis or a GTD chassis is a more viable project to put your money and time into. A good new chassis from one of the many excellent suppliers is very reasonable and your finished car will be worth very good money. The KVA bodies are good and with a good chassis will make a really good car. Where are you based? Find out where and when your nearest group of the GT40 Enthusiasts club and go along as they will be a major source of info contacts and advice. We are up in the north and have some local KVA experience.
Cheers
Mike

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Malc

Firstly welcome

This Sunday (Bank holiday weekend) is the National Kit Cat show and also the AGM for the GT40 Enthusiasts club.

Turn up and make yourself known and I would be fairly certain there will be someone that can / will assist.

Ian

Back