HELP WANTED-NEED A REBUILD KIT SOURCE FOR CR BRAKE CALIPER

Frozen piston on a CR Girling-looking for a US (first Choice), UK, (second choice) source for a rebuild kit. Thank you for your help.

JM

What size? Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies (US) has rebuild kits for 12SP and 14LF Girling calipers.

Thank you gents.

Actually, CR is the caliper nomenclature. Used on Ford GT Mk1 race cars, Comp 427 Cobras and Lola Mk III. Pegasus couldn't help. In fact, seemed completely unaware the the CR Girling even existed-wasted my time with them.

I may, however, have found a manufacturer through a lead from Cobra Restorers in Connecticut residing in New York that manufactures the re-build components (Pistons and seals). I spoke with them at length yesterday and ordered after evaluating every specification measurement of the old parts from my caliper. If the parts are correct, I will pass the info along.

BG Developments was my last resort if I couldn't source the parts here. They make excellent products.

GRUFF

Actually, CR is the caliper nomenclature. Used on Ford GT Mk1 race cars, Comp 427 Cobras and Lola Mk III. Pegasus couldn't help. In fact, seemed completely unaware the the CR Girling even existed-wasted my time with them.

Sorry about that.

Glad you found an alternative.

Back