Hershal - Car Update?

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

How is the car coming along? Got everything rolling and the bugs starting to get worked out? Inquiring minds want to know!

R

Ron,
As you probably know, I didn't make it to the fling with the GT. The ECM was faulty.
When we returned from Ohio, I sent it back with the Aussies and they are going to send it to the manufacturer. They are supposed to make it right. The rest of the car is exellent. no major problems to speak of. I was able to put 56 miles on it but it wouldn't
go over 2750 RPMs without bogging. The computer would not except the fuel loading maps. I only had three brake line leaks and all that required was a little tightening. This car is so compfortable that it feels like you're driving a lazy-boy lounger. The handling feels very good so far as I can tell. The rear spring are a little weak and I am going to put in a stronger set. All in all I am very pleased with this kit. The kit came so complete that it made the assembly much faster and easier. I can't wait to put the computer back in and show it off. The first thing I'll do is get it dyno tuned.

Hersh
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ron,
I'll second Hershal's statement, the car feels great! Nothings greater then all the time and effort paying off.
Hershal, the only thing you forgot was the flames. It's all about the flames! What a beautiful site and wonderful sound.
Congrats again.
John

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Ron,

Please note that the engine management system is a Wolfe and not the MoTeC system we use and recommend. Hershal has been very unlucky in that he got a NEW series 4 Wolfe EMS and what I have managed to gleen from all concerned was not complete when it was sent to him.

I am and will try to help him but I do not know much about the system.

Please keep in touch Hershal and congratulations on an excellent job on building the car. One of your visitors told me that your GT40 was the BEST FINISHED GT40 he had seen. Excellent !!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

Dear Hersh
Having just gotten back from a drive in my MK-IV here's my 2c. Throw away the Wolfe, put on carb and drive the thing! There's nothing like driving them,nothing..
Best
Jim

[ July 07, 2002: Message edited by: MK -IV J6 ]

Jim,
Don't think I haven't been tempted to do just that! Unfortunalty I have no carb or manifold. I didn't want to spend another $800. for those and loose money selling the injection.
On my cobra I have the Edelbrock pro-flo injection system which is unbievably reliable and give great performance. If I had it to do over again that is what I would have bought. At $2000 bucks you get evrything needed to install on your car, including the computer, fuel pump, hoses clamps, and the manifold unit. It's not a throttle body unit either. It has the injectors in the manifold runners.
I am really anxious to drive it though. I hate that it has to just sit there.
shocked.gif

Hersh
smile.gif

PS... Here is the link to the Edelbrock system I was reffering to. I think it is a pretty neat looking setup. If I get no satisfation from the current system I WILL buy this setup. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html

[ July 08, 2002: Message edited by: Hershal Byrd ]

Back