Hershal Motor

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

What type of motor do you have in the 40? And, can you give us a detailed ride report of motor, performance, and how it fits your needs? I'm just wondering from a driving standpoint as I have no working 40s near my house to ride in!

Ron

Ron,
Right now there isn;t much to tell. As you know, Gordon Levy built the motor and I haven't recieved a build or tech sheet with it. I have no idea whats in this motor as far as the kind of parts and specs go. For what little time I did get to drive it it felt real healthy and had good response up to about three grand but thats because the computor was not allowing the engine to run over that. The computer was not sensing loads. I should have the computer back in a couple weeks then we will see how it goes.
Did you go out and get the timing chain cover and waterpump that you need?

Hersh
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

You need those motor specs for sure.

I am trying to make the 94-95 work and I think I got it licked. Just need to wait for my crank pulley I bought to try it out. Off the water pump everything indexes okay, I think I will have to put the balancer in the lathe and take about 0.2 off to make it work right.

Ron

Ron
I hapen to have a 302 probably 95 out of an Explorer that is completely disassembled at this point. (Need to check out ser. no.) and a 351 already built, comming with the car from Australia. What kind of problems have you run into to date? Mine will be a DRB and I know there are some subtle differences but I would like to know
Thanks
Bill

Back