Hi Everyone! My name is Ben

Thank you for allowing me into you community!
The GT40 bug bit me in 2011 when I saw one presented at a local airshow. I have finally saved up enough money to start building one. It will be a long term project but my two kids and I (Benjamin, 10 and Lisa, 9) are really excited to start this journey. We live in a town called Somerset West in South Africa.
I have already learned a lot on this forum and hoping to learn much more.

What I have so far is an engine, (Ford small block 302 with a set of 0.030 over pistons that needs a bit of work) and an Audi 01E gearbox. I have also ordered a chassis kit, body, panels and most of the suspension. It might take some time to get it to me in these strange times but I am not in a hurry. :)
I have a lot of questions but lets take it one step at a time.
All the best,
Ben

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to the forum Ben. Congrats on the kit. Please keep us posted on your journey with your car.

Regards Brian

Thanks for the welcome Walter and Brian. I've gone with the GT Forte chassis kit. I've been speaking to Darren there for some time as I could not find anyone willing to sell a kit to me locally. I would like to do the chassis welding myself so I can say I built it myself... and to be honest I can't afford a rolling chassis from CAV or the other local companies.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ben, I wish you good luck. There have been several who went with the Gt Forte kit, only to be screwed over by Darren. There are a couple threads on this site about that. Hoping only the best for your experience.

Regards Brian

Back