Hi for Dubai

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks to all the contributors on the various forums, you have made a great database for people like me interested in the GT40 in is various guises. I'm based in Dubai as a pilot with Emirates, together with a friend of mine and a fellow colleague, Markus, are setting out on the first few steps of importing a pair if GT40 replicas into the United Arab Emirates and hopefully being able to give the Ferrari drivers a fright on the infamous highways here in the UAE! We would naturally like to own the real thing, however such a prospect is beyond us unless we choose to eat sandwiches and live in a tent.

We are looking at a couple of well known kit suppliers, but intend to stay as true to the original as possible.

The forum has beed an invaluable tool for our research. We have got a good idea now of the pitfalls from some of the issued faced on the building logs. The hundreds of photos have been a real asset as well in formulating what looks right.

We look forward to asking many questions from the experts and all those who have been there before us - many will be really dim questions, but we promise to do as much checking on the forums as possible before making too big a fool of ourselves!

Back