Hi from NE Ohio

Hello from NE Ohio.

The name is Doug, I have already made a few posts on here, been snooping a bit on the forums and am awaiting for my body and chassis to arrive next month. I am not going to post manufacturer...etc on here but just a jump start before I begin the build. Posted are a few pics of the chosen engine and transmission, they shall be mated with the KEP adapter. I already have it, I am just awaiting a .62 6th gear to arrive as I already have the ring and pinion to make the transmission, well actually usable.

Take care and have a Happy New Year!

20231231_192506.jpg
20231230_175232.jpg

Thanks for introducing yourself. I’m also a N.E. Ohio native. Hope to meet you some day. Keep the photos and build info coming.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Douglas! Looking forward to seeing your Build Log!

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Doug. That's quite a accessory drive. Not sure of your build, but a lot of these cars don't have the room. As Randy said, please start a build thread.

Regards Brian

Welcome to GT40s Doug. That's quite a accessory drive. Not sure of your build, but a lot of these cars don't have the room. As Randy said, please start a build thread.

Regards Brian
Oh I know it, I have only seen one other car on this forum actually get the motor in and he had quite a few modifications for fitment. Another build just sat it in and took pictures and abandoned the engine for another. I want this challenge and all around something different.

The build log will be started, (in the correct section once the framework and body arrives). I am 90% sure for clearance reasons I will have to go dry sump, but time will tell once I get the setup centered and aligned for the transmission axles.

Wow!!! That is a beautiful engine, can't wait to hear the specs and the details about your build . Best wishes to you and lots of progress in 2024.

Back