Hi from France

I'm the very happy new owner of Paul Bearman's GTD 40.Really a nice job done.
I was looking for this GTD (a race intented building) for a year.I hope that I'll complete it for a trip to le mans classic in July.Who's going to be at this event?
I would be happy to drink french vine with you brits!(there's some vine production in my family).
Please apologise for my english wich isn't as good as it should be.
Remy

D

DavidTC

remy
welcome, as a newcomer myself and a Francophile, I'm in a similar position; waiting for a professionally built GT 40 and looking to attend historic Le Mans for the 40th anniverary event. I have driven the Le Mans circuit which I like but not the circuit that includes the public roads so I am looking forward to the July event.
You seem to indicate that you are from a part of France that historically was part of England; is this correct ?.
Regards
David

David,
Look forward to see you in July.I' m from Lille in north of France. A county wich was spanish between XV and XVIII centuries.This town wasn't reach by britons during the Hundred's year war.I think the only time this county was occupied by britsh forces was during the Great War(W Churchill was near here).
Rgds,
Remy

Remy
welcome to the tribe.
I am based in Brussels and sometimes drive at the Croix circuit.
Let me know when your car is ready and will have some track together (also at Spa)
Ctc Fred Vidal also in Paris
I will be at Le Mans Classic.
Take some bottles wine with you (wich area?)
Fred

D

DavidTC

Remy
Interesting that the English targetted their attentions to a more recognisable centre of excellence in viniculture to the south of you and closer to Le Mans.WE also of course owe the French a great debt for their role in developing motorsport; they did after all develop the fore-runner of Formula (1) racing with the Gordon Bennett races set up over 100 years ago.Interesting also that Agincourt was won with an inferior English force with better technology; a long bow giving greater range than the French crossbow's.
Regards
David

Hi Remy,
I'm pleased you are happy with your new purchase & I am sure it has gone to a very good home. The transaction was extremely fast & it has been a pleaseure dealing with you, I look forward to seeing you next Saturday for collection.
Well guys you have another new GT40 Forum member who is an avid GT40 fan & I'm sure Remy will have some well founded input.
So, what's next for me? Well I shall spend the next few months pondering & deliberating over my options, another MKI or perhaps even a MKIV or Lola T70? Mmmmmmmmmmmm so much choice!! Don't you just love it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Remy,
Welcome both to the forum and to GT40 ownership.
The GT40 Enthusiasts Club will be strongly represented at the Le Mans Classic - we have 37 cars registered to be in the Club area, most of which will be driving the parade lap(s).
So, look us up when you get there, or join the Club and join us in the Club area, at the dinner and at the BBQ.
Wine most welcome!

Hi Tony,

I've just joined the club last week, so I'm not totaly aware of the organisation of LM classic.
To bring the wine for 37 cars(I suppose 74 pepole)I will need to mat a tow bar on the GT 40!

Fred,
I settled near Tournai since 2004.Let me know as soon as you go to Croix en Ternois I would come.
My family produce wine in Alsace(Wihte : Gewurztraminer,Risling, Pinot blanc; Red :pinot noir) since 1510 and since 1970 in St Veran(sweet wihte and coarse red), Bourgogne.
Have a taste at Le mans classic .

Remy

Remy, welcome to this big international club. We come past TOURNAI on our way to SPA every year, so I am sure we can meet up somewhere on route. Frank

Frank,

Of cousre, it would be great to meet the man behind Wealden !
Just let me know when you 'll go to spa.
Remy

[ QUOTE ]

I've just joined the club last week, so I'm not totaly aware of the organisation of LM classic.
To bring the wine for 37 cars(I suppose 74 pepole)I will need to mat a tow bar on the GT 40!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Remy,
Nothing has arrived here yet for your membership. Are you sure you have joined the GT40 Enthusiasts Club? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif E-mail me separately if you want a membership form.
We don't normally have such a high joining fee, but there are 101 people booked for the Le Mans Classic, so providing wine for them all would need a tanker!
I suggest you bring yourself and your car - wine would be a bonus.

Back