Hi there!

Hi everyone. I'm James, and I need a GT40 in my life! To be honest I have known this since I was about 8. I have been very patient I feel! I'm a regular visitor to the Le Mans events, so have seen them in action at Mecca if you know what I mean?

I'm currently in the UK, but we are moving to Vancouver/ Abbotsford /Surrey in the next few months. Once we're settled then I'll look into a RCR to build. If we stayed in the UK then I would have to simply accept to never having my dream car, so I'm keeping my dream alive by moving!

I've seen that a few guys have done the journey we are taking already. Great reading and great site. Thanks all.

Look forward to being an active member in the future.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
James,

Welcome. It seems you have the same disease as the rest of us, you'll fit right in. As you know, there really is only one cure for what ails us............

The good folks here can answer most any question you may have, enjoy!

Welcome to the forum James, and welcome to the journey!
Lots of good folks here to answer your questions.

James: There are a bunch of us just south of your destination in Washington State. Hope to see you over here in the future, Keep the dream going. One day you'll wake up and it will be real!

Hi Andy, I've been lucky enough to see your cars close up many times at the Stoneleigh shows. They look absolutely superb! I've probably met you at some time.
It's hard to answer your question without appearing negative. Essentially though, I'm in a dying industry in the UK with a job title that does not command the respect or wages that it does elsewhere in the world. My spending power has dropped each year for the last 10 years, and with UK fuel prices, VAT increases NI going up, income tax going up, the need for everyone to pay off the huge defecit, the need in my view for a decent sized garage in order to enjoy such a car etc etc I think that to follow my dream would be a stretch too far. I could do it, but it would be from sheer stubbornness! And would probably end in divorce. My wife and family are the most important thing in the world to me! I need a GT40 but I want to be in a happy state of mind to enjoy it as well.

On a lighter note! Any chance I can come to Kidder some time for a ride? Never actually ridden in one

As I'm still introducing myself, I'd like to share my latest work project. You see, the past time that fills my lazy days is designing and Engineering the Exterior Lighting at Jaguar. My first attempt at lighting was the all new XJ which seemed to go down pretty well!
Now, finally after 3 years mixed in with other projects, the facelifted XK has now been revealed in advance of the public reveal at Geneva on 1st March. So, here they are, my new headlamps! They seem to have gone down well with the Pistonheads crew.
Pistonheads discussion

63146jag1-630.jpg

Compare to the old one
SAvfSOCW.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi James - Welcome aboard GT40s.com

Would love to know more about your lighting... I'm sort of a bug about solid state lighting of all sorts..

No probs Randy, and thanks. I have 15 years experience at Jaguar as an Engineer in Product Development. I'm sure I may be able to share other knowledge here, especially as I have built a kit also. It was a Westfield 7.

Welcome again, sorry but taking a second bite at the cherry!
Been lurking occasionally. If you read my intro back in 2011 I was due to move to Vancouver. This became a perfect storm of work, world economic and family events that stopped me going, so we stayed in the UK. Still working at JLR, but now a Manager of the Lighting team.
The obsession with all things GT40 is still strong, and have been hatching long term plans for one of Andy’s lovely Tornados. This might be quite a few years away as we have 1 son looking at moving out, but number 2 son is a few years away and maybe going to uni? Also I have a single garage which for me has been an issue for my plans.
Anyway, can’t keep away, it means I will eventually get one, as I can’t seem to let go of the idea!

Back