How about a get together track event?

It's not really racing they do, but if you don't want to drive it I'm sure there's a certain Mr. Bondurant or Mr. Gurney or maybe even Mr. Andretti or Mr. Foyt who will be there and could be persuaded to drive it for you...
smile.gif

I'd be there as well, don't know about a car, though. VIR sounds great, I've never been there, but it has a good reputation, and is pretty centrally located for the East Coasters (and it's only 2 hours from me!). Middle of the week is fine.
If there are enough people interested, maybe there should be one event East of the Mississippi in the spring, and one on the West in the fall. Max

Having driven Road America a few times, I can tell you that is the perfect track for the cars. I can talk to gary at Northwoods Shelby club to see if we can incorporate something in their sept event.

The Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Club holds a track event at Road America on the first weekend of October every year. There are touring laps, familiarization laps, open laps and timed runs. It is a two-day event. This year's event featured a Cobra replica, a MKIV replica (very authentic) a Ferrari F40, 360 Challenge, a real 333SP!, and several Vipers as well as more mundane Ferraris, Corvettes, etc. (even some Alfas).It is open to non-members who can join the club as an associate. The fee is very reasonable, and there is sufficient track time. Road America is an extremely fast circuit, and very expensive to rent otherwise.

Hersh

Demographics work against a show in the
"heartland". Just too far for most of us on the east coast, and too few "locals" in the
Kansas area to warrant locating it there.

At this point seperate West Coast/East Coast
events is the logical solution for the majority. If SAAC is having a get together
at Lime Rock in 2004, then we should have one
further South in 2003. VIR sounds like a
good compromise.

MikeD

Consider the track size when chosing an event. After talking to the BMW GT team I found out that Summit Point is too small for them to do real testing. Summit and Limerock are similar in size. Yes it would be fun romping around Limerock but I think it would be Nirvana to be able to lap VIR or Watkins Glen.

In my humble opinion. This is a moot point if you're considering only parade laps though.

Mark

Hey....I'm up for just about anything type of track event we could put together.I am planning to attend this years shelby event in Nashville over the memorial day weekend. how about meeting up there.

Sounds good Vic i have a CAV spaceframe 302 roller demo car im willing to go anywere on the east coast.This car is for sale if i dont have it ill have a new monocoque.So lets go Iwill be in Nashville also e mail me at [email protected] or from my web site fav-gt40.com ill be in touch lets all try to meet and see what we can come up with.
best regards
Nick cav40 silver spaceframe 302 roller 5 speed ac race readynull

I haven't been following this thread very closely,,,
,since I have no idea (at the moment) when my 40 will arrive,,,,or be track ready.

Although, I live only 10 minutes from Heartland Park, Topeka,,,,,,my vote would be for Road America.

I believe it to be the ideal course for these cars to run in the US.

The SAAC has a large event every June at Hallett in Oklhoma, but it is a very short & tight course at only 1.8 miles long.

Mid-Ohio could be another possible option?
It is close enough to the East coast, yet not clear across the country for those on the West.

Wherever it is to be held...if I have a running car, I WILL be there.

......with helmet/ racing gear,,,, and of course my grille & plenty of Kansas BBQ sauce!
smile.gif

Back