Transport from the Pacific NW to the 2024 GT40 Reunion

Would really like to attend this event, but the 2100 mile tow (each way) is a real hardship. At 72, with recent knee replacement surgery, I don’t know whether I’m up to three long days of towing each way, and what kind of shape I would be in after reaching the event. So I am interested in having a transporter do the hauling. I am curious if there is anyone in the Pacific NW that might be attending and interested in having our cars shipped together, as we might be able to save some money. Which we can then blow at the event. I live in Kalispell, Montana, so Portland, Seattle or Spokane could work for me. If anyone’s interested you can send me a PM.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Would really like to attend this event, but the 2100 mile tow (each way) is a real hardship. At 72, with recent knee replacement surgery, I don’t know whether I’m up to three long days of towing each way, and what kind of shape I would be in after reaching the event. So I am interested in having a transporter do the hauling. I am curious if there is anyone in the Pacific NW that might be attending and interested in having our cars shipped together, as we might be able to save some money. Which we can then blow at the event. I live in Kalispell, Montana, so Portland, Seattle or Spokane could work for me. If anyone’s interested you can send me a PM.
Bart,

We are currently working with a well know transport company on a sponsorship deal that will grant discounted shipping. please shoot me an email to [email protected] and I will let you ASAP. This will apply to others who are interested in transport.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my GT40 to Pittsburgh. One option is to share a transport from New England (solo truck is an option, but it's not cheap).

From my experience, the large transport companies will not carry your car alone and their price does not vary by how many cars they have on board. They quote a price to carry your car from Point A to B. It would be unusual for a carrier to show up at your house with an empty trailer and carry your car alone 3000 miles. Their normal operation is to group cars moving say West to East in a given time frame and schedule you accordingly. I would get on someone's schedule sooner than later because they will not just show up on a moment's notice to haul you. Shortages also occur when a large event is happening such as the Shelby Annual Convention in New Jersey the same weekend as the GT40 Reunion.

I asked a "large transport company" I've used before. They could do it, but I'd be paying for exclusive use of the entire truck for the event which would not be cheap (unless I could find other people coming from New England).

If I can find a place to store the car for a week or two before and after the Reunion, they could transport my car when they have a truck in the area for a lower rate.

Other options I'm considering are renting a trailer for the weekend (Found an "AirBnB" site for trailers). Buying a trailer (an upgrade from my trusty open trailer.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I asked a "large transport company" I've used before. They could do it, but I'd be paying for exclusive use of the entire truck for the event which would not be cheap (unless I could find other people coming from New England).

If I can find a place to store the car for a week or two before and after the Reunion, they could transport my car when they have a truck in the area for a lower rate.

Other options I'm considering are renting a trailer for the weekend (Found an "AirBnB" site for trailers). Buying a trailer (an upgrade from my trusty open trailer.
Ben,

We are working on a secure storage solution for cars before and after the event. I will be in Pittsburgh next Tuesday/Wednesday and have a meeting regarding this.

Back