How accurate are Integrity GT40 bodies?

There is a guy in a kit club locally who is building an Integrity. It has a chevy 350 which is a major alteration from the original. Is Integrity the same as KVA?

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Dan,

John Donnelly who built my Sabre bought all the Integrity stuff at a tax sale. If this is a body built towards the end of Integrity's life, it may be pretty horrible based on how much work John had to do to the molds. It also depends on which set of molds the body came from as one set was in a lot better shape than the other. Now if the body was made early in Integrity's life it may be a bit better since Integrity bought the molds from Ken Atwell (KVA) who made them from original cars. I'll let the guys from England make any judgements on the KVA bodies. Bottom line, as in most things, "It depends."

One of the reasons that Integrity went belly up is that they let the employees build their own cars for, basically, free. (People were spending too much time doing their own cars and not enough doing customer cars, so the story goes.) Now if this was an employee built car, all bets are off since there is no way of knowing what quality of materials were used in laying the body up and, as mentioned, which set of molds were used.

Regards,
Lynn

Thanks Lynn,

I think the kit is pretty old but I dont know of any Id#. It looks quite different from my CAV body style. He wants to sell the car and is accepting offers above $40,000. He has it currently in the paint shop. The body is modified using the MK2 snorkels in the rear and he glassed in the upper and rear louver vents. He also glassed in the front nostril.

Dan

Back