How many RF' GT40's produced?

How many RF\' GT40\'s produced?

I saw a question by Robert Logan in another thread which has always been a question of mine concerning Roaring Forties. How many kits have been sold? How many have been completed by customers? I'm not sure what came of Gordon Levy but it appeared to me that his knowledge and race car background was a strong point for Roaring Forties here in the states. Is there a new person within the organization with those qualities?

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Re: How many RF\' GT40\'s produced?

Dan,

This is a question that I am occassionally asked and here goes.

We started the business in June of 1997 (official registration of Roaring Forties Pty Ltd) but a good friend of mine Jim Shepheard (ex-Holden Dealer Team) and myself had been working from my home on the project (lets do it or not) from the previous Christmas. The June date was when I opened my first workshop.

The first chassis was delivered in the February of the following year (1998) and so I have two points of celebration each year.

We produce a chassis every three weeks or so and we are currently working on chassis 89 , 91 and 92 (90 was finished prior to Christmas , out of turn , and arrived in the US yesterday).

Of the 90 or so chassis that have been numbered, all but no 1 (slave chassis which is MINE) , no 12 (RF race chassis) and no 13 (never started , never considered to be made and I just think no 13's should exist) have been built.

Of those 86 chassis, 19 have been sent to the US, 1 to Germany and the rest have stayed in Australia. In the US we have two completed cars but there are many nearing completion (I expect the build to take up to three years and sometimes people take longer, sometimes shorter). The German car was only delivered a year ago and I expect that car will be finished this year almost a year before my timings).

Of the cars in Australia we have completed 10 or 11 turn key cars in our factory and many more than that (20 plus)have been completed and registered in Australia (I am at home at the moment).

If you look at the build time of three years and us building 15 or 16 a year than I would expect up to 45 or so cars under construction (non finished) at any time. I expect we have over 30 cars either finished / registered / on the track.

Regarding the question about Gordon Levy, I have been gagged by my lawers and I will give a FULL account when I am allowed to do so.

Best wishes,

Robert

[ QUOTE ]

Regarding the question about Gordon Levy, I have been gagged by my lawers and I will give a FULL account when I am allowed to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hum. So much for the "... Transparency."

I will order when they produce chassis 100. I want to own chassis 100. Well I really dont care what chassis number I get but I would like to have chassis no. 100.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company

Gary,

As regards to Levy as I stated I am NOT allowed to say anything because the matter is in the hands of the courts in the US. I will tell all when I am allowed.

Best wishes,

Robert

I have No. 52. Two years for me will be June of this year, and I really want to beat that. For me, Gordon was someone that increased the confidence I needed to place an order. However, since that time I have met Hershal (the US agent), he has spent time in my house, and no disrespect to Gordon, I find Hershal to be a wonderful emmisary for RF.

Yes, I'm biased, but Robert has been VERY good to deal with, and Hershal is trustworthy and knowledgeable in the build. Nothing against the other builders, but if I was in your shoes trying to decide who's car to buy, RF would be at the top of my list. Assuming anybody cares what I think.

Back in 1967 I bought my first Porsche. This was a time when Porsches drew crowds. The shop had room to service two or three cars and the "showroom" held one. You knew the owner (a friend of Dr Porsche) and all who worked there by first names. They knew every car and owner out there. As time went on and the Porsches came and went so did the experience. You became a number and DO NOT ENTER WORKSHOP signs greeted you. Those days were sadly gone until I visited Roaring Forties. All the old delights were back, the true motoring experience has returned. Life's good. Regards

Back