How To Forum - Future?

Ron Earp

Admin
I've been watching this forum for a long time and I think it might be time to consolidate these posts in their respective categories and shut it down (and there are a couple more like this too, just posting on this one now). The initial idea was to have a FAQ of how to do things, but it never really came off in my opinion. Anyone have any thoughts about it?

Thanks,
Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Big forum topics (engine, interior, etc.) and a (now working well) search function are all I need. Simple is better, otherwise you don't ever remember where you saw something.

What about moving: "Dyno Results" into "Tech - Engines..."; "Ford GT Cars for Sale" into a new, combined "Cars for Sale" (with a note about no Buicks etc.); "Track" into "Historic GT40s, Related Race AND TRACK Stories". Otherwise, I think the forums are great.

Congrats on getting back on the wagon with the Lola! and thanks for sticking with us GT40 guys.

Ron Earp

Admin
Mark, that is some of my thinking too. Basically, anything under 35-40 posts needs to be consolidated. The forum is dynamic and needs change, and some forums just never took off. I'll be doing the things you list, as well as pruning some other forums and consolidating too.

Ron

Hi Ron,

I would like to see a section that gives listed access to all the attachments (mostly pictures) that have been posted similar to what you had in the old forum. Even though the file names of the pictures were often not descriptive, I could usually find good pictures and/or examples of whatever I was looking for. A super upgrade to that feature would be if the attachment names could be listed with thumbnails of the pictures.

Thanks,

Bob

Ron Earp

Admin
That will be coming in the Gallery. Right now a few things don't work that need to be right before that starts up.

Ron

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, the new contributing member icons are way cool! I liked the flags, but the rotating stars take it to a new level (not to mention yours!)

Doug

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
OOPS--wrong thread. Ron, I meant to post this in your "State of the Forum" thread. Feel free to move it there, if you please.

Doug

Ron Earp

Admin
Glad you like them, but don't get too attached. All beta stuff to get it working, then maybe there will be new icons of some type or another. For folks that should have one and don't - do not worry - I've about 35 to add by hand but won't do that until everything is sorted. Best,

Ron

Back