I don't get it!

It reminds me of how I often end up teaching my kids. "Kids, Daddy is showing you what NOT to do". I think it's cool that modelers would capture even these moments. I'm sure passionate historian model collectors love these examples.

sisi, thats an article in Exoto catalogue (they have recently started to make also dusty models).
I made dust effect on cars since many years..and exoto ones are cool but quite heavy (to do that properly u have to study really carefully pictures of the real thing).
The ones I make are done with a base of oil paint thinnered and used in airbrush with the smallest opening u can work with (mine is 0.15).
U formerly make a real oil wash of the car body,but sometimes this trick is used to cover painting mistakes,or damaged parts.
I dont like at all showcase finished models, so glossy and clean (not at all on a race car..)

In this particular model probably the worst point is in the original die cast body of the car.
If u wanna make crashed cars u have to mantain in scale the thickness of the fiberglass body (this mean u have to heat plastics and work with it, or use alluminium from coca cola can..).
This model is 1/18..in scale u will see just flashes of body all over.
It is exactly the same effect u have to obtain when u make armored fighting vehicles damaged or burned (even more if LIGHT vehicles as trucks and jeeps)

The model anyway looks cool for real.

Back