I got the shaft

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Mr. Mac

I had looked at them before I bough the Schnorr washers and seems like a possible use of them, but the porsche crowd seemed to have good results with the Schnorr versions which look to be pretty good since both sides are serrated, but with a little luck I'll torque them correctly, add a dot of locktite, add a Schnorr washer, and a bit of wire. Will see what happens, and if they do come loose something likely is wrong, but I was really thinking of getting the sampler kit at some point as the Nordlocks do looks interesting.

I'll toss this out I 'Think' the torque for the 930's 10mm bolts was 60 ft/lbs does that sound correct?

Yeah, the safety wire for me just seems to be something that keeps the bolt from unraveling, but nothing more. I think people think it keeps the bolt torqued and tight which is not my line of thinking (right or wrong). I'll admit I like the way it looks and willing to do it for that reason.

Sandy

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Looks interesting, but at close to 400 bucks for the tool plus supplies seems like I might stick with the old school way. Looks like a time saver if doing a lot of work. The demo makes it look almost too easy, but I think for the limitied use I will have to do it the old fashioned way ;-)

Sandy

Back