I have question?

Good evening ..
I have question?
I am a Arabic person .. and I loves a GT40..
but i have
Problem where i can found the parts . because of in the Bahrain country non-availability .. a parts

like transmision and front steering system
i was make buld my car .. but i see somany Problem
..what i can fixd another transmossion ..
like another car or who i can get a transmisson ?!

i know my Language its not good in English .. but I wish to help me

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I have been keen to build a 40 for about 10 years, but it is getting very hard in Australia to build a car that is an accurate replica as the government keeps changing the rules on us.

For example, we cannot register a new car using the small block Ford engine because itis deemed not to meet the required emmission standards. My state government had now decided that to register a new car from January 2010, it must be fitted with 9 or 10 airbags, ABS and stabilty control. Whats worse, it seems to be having some success in trying to convince the other states in Australia to do the same.

I mention these issues as a reminder that you want to know what is allowed in your country before you become too committed to a build.

I am not sure from your question whether you are trying to locate specific parts for a project that you have underway, or some general guidance about parts and kits in general.

The forum has a section GT40 Replica Manufacturers' Corner which supports builders of five different kit suppliers, and the banner ads at the top of the screen include these and other suppliers.

Some people on the forum are developing cars on their own, but starting with a kit is more common.

In relation to steering/suspension components, these really have to selected as part of the overall design concept. Some kits use Corvette components, some British Ford components, and others use custom machined or custom fabricated components.

Common transmissions are sourced from Porsche, and Audi cars with some modification, while some people stick with ZF transaxle used in many of the original cars.

The forum also includes discussion areas for engines, transmissions, suspension, chassis and body etc, which contain a lot of information about these elements of the car.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Mal

Asalamo Alikom, Al Amadi, Kifa Halak:)

Akhee,,,,,,,,I was born in Abadan, very close to your neighborhood.

I speak Farsi (I know very little Arabic), My father was born in Baghdad.

I finished building my GT40 , four years ago. Send me a private e-mail and I will help you with Information if I can.

MeaSalam,

Iron Shiek

Infidel Greggory,

I am not in New York, you have to wait for me to wake up here in West Coast. Check your PM, you have an unholeee message.

Good advice from Mal, find out what the registration rules are there, unless it's going to be a track only car.

I assume you will be importing it. Then also find out what the rules are for importing parts to build a GT40.

Then I would look at GT40 manufacturers that can offer fairly complete kits and are willing to help you source the engine, transaxle, clutch parts and other parts that you will have trouble obtaining locally. The idea would be to ship the bulk of parts required to build the car together in a container via sea.

For anything that is missed or additional requirements, you just order online from one of the large automotive parts shops in the USA and get the parts sent to you via airmail.

Where there is a will, there is a way. Good luck with it.

Back