I Sold My Cobra Today

Ron McCall

Supporter
OMFG! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That is awesome!!!

In a nutshell, here is my plan:

331 stroker with Canfield aluminum heads and Webers
G50 transaxle
Right hand drive and right hand shift
Wide hips
BRM wheels
AVON historic tires
Gulf colors

Sounds like a nice formula Bill, I am looking forward to seeing one of Fran's cars someday. Good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron, are you ready to spill the beans on which GT40 you're going to order? What is your build plan? Smoker, or historic replica? Hope all is well with your black cat.

Mark

Ron McCall

Supporter
Mark,
Not yet.But soon!!!! All I can say is that it will be VERY fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And yes ,all is very well w/my Pantera.Soon to undergo a "drivetrain transformation" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Business must be good if you can do a GT40 AND ugrade the Pantera. Wait a minute, what are you going to upgrade? It's already got to be one of the fastest around! Looking forward to hearing your choice of GT40 kit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Charlie M

Supporter
Bill,

That's going to be one sweet ride! Keep us posted.

Any particular reason why you're going 331 vs. 347? I'm planning a stroker for mine and I haven't made up my mind which displacement yet.

Good luck!

Charlie

Bill

I have a CAV GT40. Do yourself a favor and visit VIP Classics, Roy Sales, in San Diego, they are the US dealers for CAV and have them in stock.
The GT40 is everything you have been dreaming.

John

Lots of people seem to be selling their Cobras and either ordering (or at least wanting) a GT40.
I think you made a wise decision. If you only have room in your gagage for one, the flat top surfaces of the GT40 create much more storage space for the wifes gardening junk.

Back