I'm a new boy

I'm new to the forum, a retired airline captain looking to purchase a superforamnce gt-40 in next year and a half. Will be seeking advise as I continue with process. Glad to be aboard.:rolleyes:

Welcome aboard captain! Are you planning a Mk1 or a Mk2? What engine/transaxle combo do you prefer? What colors are your preference?

Cheers
Bill D

Skyhawk,

Welcome aboard.

Your chosen flight to your destination of a GT40 SPF car will be rewarding when you get there. This forum contains an enormous amount of information and technical data. The build forums will give you an idea of the craftsmanship experience and details of the construction process, which will be of value as you decide to purchase the components for your SPF GT40.

Good luck with your flight, and again, thanks for flying gt40s.com.

MKII - Looking at roush 427 windsor/zf, dark blue/w. want 8-stack injection. possibly weber 8-stack carbs, not sure.

Ron Earp

Admin
If you are going MKII go with a FE427.......saw one recently with an FE and it was fantastic. And I don't like FEs!

Ron Earp

Admin
It might be. It was stuffed in the back of Dennis's shop and crate had crushed it, but the motor looked great!

Just kidding of course.

The FE install looked really good in the MKII, extremely nice - and you know how much I love those Farm Engines! The exhaust and the head port design just looks great on those motors. Car was beautiful, very pretty and was one of the more notable GT40s there (there were 11 or 12 I looked at).

I didn't have long to visit and look at the SPFs, only about an hour. One was run, the "Oil" MKI that was being shipped to Germany. I do plan another visit in 08 when I have more time.

I know you'll be liking the car and "skyhawk" you'd do well to purchase one like Steve has done if MKIIs are your thing.

Ron

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome aboard Skyhawk!

a 427 MKII would be one very cool ride.... Okay - a HOT ride... :)

So you miss the feel of thrust and G forces of rotation and initial climb eh? That Forty would fix all of that and then some!

Back