Introducing myself

I'm a fan of the GT-40 and hope to own one. Right now I've got a Lotus that I'm trying to squeeze some more speed out out of. I also like the Porsche 917. My other interests are amatuer radio, guitar, SCUBA diving, and bicycling. I also have a 1993 Harley Davidson FXLR that I like to take up into the mountains. My wife has a MB 560SL and we like popping the top on it and going up into the mountains with it. I work for a college and I'm the VA Administrator. Looking forward to the information within this forum.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s Mark!

Sounds like you've found the right place! Tell us a bit more about your Lotus and feel free to ask any questions you may have while enjoying our forums..

:thumbsup:

Welcome Mark,
Plenty of GT40 building info here.
There's bound to be one or two within a reasonable distance of where you you live. I'm sure any local owners would be happy to show you their cars and talk to you about the build process.
Simon

Thanks.
I've now got the GT-40 bug. I've always liked the earlier Le Mans/CanAm cars and my favourite was the GT-40 or 917. I like the thougt of American muscle, that's why I prefer the GT-40 to the 917.
I just have a '71 Europa S2 and I'm torn between stage 2/3 performance upgrades with the original engine or installing a Gordini Hemi. Maybe even a Toyota 4A-GE (similar to the ones being used by the Elise/Exige). It's not much, but I've always been a Lotus fan. Problem is; before looking at this website, I didn't realize how affordable building a GT-40 could be. THat's why I have the Lotus, but now, I think I want to do a GT-40.
Thanks for the website!

Back