Is this CAV GT40 a good buy?

Johnny M

Supporter
Sounds cheap and would be careful. Cobra Country has CATV for sale $250,000.00. Has not sold, but pricing on that website is reliable.

The price is very good if the car is as represented and is unwracked and properly built. You need to have eyes on the unit if you are going to buy !

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
If you are serious about the car, fly out there and check it out in person. A third party inspection, might not see your exact vision. And, as you know, cash talks, bullshit walks. The seller is paying fees for the Ebay sale. I'm relatively sure you could work a deal in person.

Just my thoughts, yours and others may vary.

Regards Brian

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
That is my old car. I’m happy to answer any questions you have about the build during my ownership. It is a bit of a unique build. Smiths gauges instead of VDO, both nostrils, decals added after. Fog lights and side markers are as original as is the ID light.

PM me if you want.

Ron

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
The ad on their website says the car's current (actual) mileage is 1,143. Someone only drove the car 343 miles since Ron sold it 8 years ago?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The ad on their website says the car's current (actual) mileage is 1,143. Someone only drove the car 343 miles since Ron sold it 8 years ago?
Dave,

Cars that don't work get no miles...cars that do work, get driven. My car has a butt load of miles. People tell me "you are hurting the value with miles" I say "well I guess I'll just drive it 'til it's worth nothing!"

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I hear you, Rick. I'm just about to hit 17,000 miles with my car and it performs much better because I drive it as much as I can. I'm also a huge fan of paint protection film and ceramic coating. My car looks like it was imported into the U.S. last week. If you take care of these cars, they'll last a very long time.

Back