Its official MK I GT40P 2426

My car is painted Porsche midnight blue which is black most of the time. When it's blue it's beautiful, black not so much IMHO. Not trying to copy 1051 as I'm not adding the orange strip I've just always liked the blue on that car.

The place that has 1051 restored and painted the car. I ask them for the paint code and they said they would have to do spray out to find the right paint. They would gladly do it for a few hundred dollars. It was nice of them to offer but seemed a bit strange seeing as how they had painted the car.

Rob Klein

Supporter
The place that has 1051 restored and painted the car. I ask them for the paint code and they said they would have to do spray out to find the right paint. They would gladly do it for a few hundred dollars. It was nice of them to offer but seemed a bit strange seeing as how they had painted the car.

having seen 1051 in person, my car ( spf color ) is very close and is a very nice similar blue. If you really look at 1051 you will notice that the front stripe is different than SPF's pattern, and 1051 uses silver stripe between the blue and orange.

Rob Klein

Supporter
In race trim lol. I was on the fence about the graphics, but I think they look good.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 7.25.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 7.25.27 PM.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 163
Your car looks fabulous. The graphics definitely add to the look. I see you’ve added the outside mirrors since your last photos, I like the placement. Who’s mirrors are those?

Rob Klein

Supporter
Your car looks fabulous. The graphics definitely add to the look. I see you’ve added the outside mirrors since your last photos, I like the placement. Who’s mirrors are those?
thank you, they are Talbot mirrors and they are placed based on the original P-1051. I can give you the placement if you like.

Back