Just want to say hi.

I figured I should stop and introduce my self. I have been hiding in the shadows the last few months reading almost every post. I am learning a lot about kit cars just from the reading I have done.

I am more of a hands on guy when is comes to my cars. So putting together a kit car is no problem. If I need help I have friends I could call. All I would have to do is pay them some beer.

I don't have a gt40 or even any of the other cars on this forum. I came across the slc super light on a lotus forum off all places. I was looking for a used lotus exige at the time. Some one was talking about kit cars. That lead to the superlight. First time I saw it I feel in love.

I was going to get a gtm. That was in till I saw the Ultima. The looks of it are more of what I like. Then like said I saw the superlight. I have my mind made up just on looks alone. I hope one day to be part of the kit car group. Plus it would be sweet to drive over to road America a few hours way. Then have some fun with vettes, vipers, porsches, bmws, and ferraris.

Erik, welcome to the forum. I too, had looked at the Ultima, GTM and a couple others before visiting RCR and Fran Hall. At that time only the disassembled proto car was
available to eyeball. One glance at the chassis was all it took to convince me! I had
to get in line for mine and wound up with chassis #009. Fran had made several improvements to the basic chassis by that time and all were elegantly accomplished.
Great support from RCR too! I'm not yet finished building (my own delays) but I like it more and more each time I look at it. Enjoy the forum, and plan a trip to RCR when you're ready.

Thanks I would love to see the shop some day. The only problem is Detroit is almost a ten hour drive one way. It would suck just to drive that far and not come back with any thing. Plus I would feel a little wired wasting Frans time with out me buying. Maybe if my buddy gos to a red wing game this year I will tag along.

I know there are a some superlights closer. I think in the twin city's and Chicago. So I would love to find them owners. Then my buddy that would be helping me can tag along. After seening one on person I will make a shop trip. I would feel munch better if I drove 10 hours with a 20k check to bring to Fran. I guess I don't like people wasting my time. So then I wont feel bad wasting frans time with a 20k check.

Let me say this also. It feels like I am the kid of the group. I am only 26. I don't think there are to many people close to that age on this forum. Shoot I don't even know to many people my age that are not even in to cars any more.

Back