Ken Miles' MKII From Ford vs. Ferrari

Something I noticed is that the Superformance Certificate of Authenticity says this car is P2339. My own Superformance car is GT40 MKII P2372, which I ordered in early October 2017, and it was assigned its number also in October 2017. Assuming these numbers go sequentially, was P2339 originally built for the movie sometime before early October 2017, or is it an older car that was acquired from a third party for the movie? Mention is made in the Certificate that P2339 was originally in Gulf colors, then "returned" to Superformance after the movie and then sold by Superformance.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

One thing I didn't like about the movie was that it failed to show the development of the GT40 - all the decisions that led to mid-engine choice are missing - the car just magically shows up at the airport. Also, no credit is given to Ken Atkins who developed the molds for the body.

John

Chris, the chassis numbers are not necessarily sequential. I requested a specific chassis number which put my car out of chronological sequence, I'm sure there are other instances where the numbers don't line up in chronological order. I do know that for correct licensing, numbers must be requested and approved/issued by Safir, as the license holder of the GT40 mark.

I hasten to add that the number I requested wasn't 'far' out of sequence. I don't know if you would have the same experience asking for something way out in the future - aka 3000.

Chris, the chassis numbers are not necessarily sequential. I requested a specific chassis number which put my car out of chronological sequence, I'm sure there are other instances where the numbers don't line up in chronological order. I do know that for correct licensing, numbers must be requested and approved/issued by Safir, as the license holder of the GT40 mark.
by paying at Superformance you can choose your chassis number,

Thanks! I didn't know this.

Regards,
/s/ Chris

Back