Kiwis RCR40 Build

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
To be honest I just went with what Prestige recommended. My knowledge is limited so this whole build is going off other builds and what people with knowledge recommend.

Understand. Prestige knows what they are doing, so you're good there! Cheers!

Ben

Steve R

Supporter
1695691309401.png

The look I’m going for..
Thanks to Harrison’s Garage for the rendering can’t thank you enough.

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
I am really looking forward to seeing your GP Headers (bundle of Snakes). I am seriously considering these too. I wonder if anyone else running these GP Headers on their GT40?

Thanks, Ben

Steve R

Supporter
Used the CVF alternator/Ac conversion kit for the 351W. Used the CVF AC bracket and turned it upside down and got a short tensioner. Got a shorty water pump and got my CVF pulley modified and got new belts to fit. Got a shorter belt for the Alternator that came with the package. Gates K080330 and Gates K080400. Now wait to see if all fits lol
IMG_7913.jpeg
IMG_7917.png
IMG_7919.png

Last edited:

Steve R

Supporter
I am really looking forward to seeing your GP Headers (bundle of Snakes). I am seriously considering these too. I wonder if anyone else running these GP Headers on their GT40?

Thanks, Ben
I tried to give you a few angles. These are brushed stainless steel. They give you pvc pipe to mock up the rest once you have Engine in car so you get the right angle. I love them. I have not seen the RCR ones but have heard they are also great.

IMG_7960.jpeg
IMG_7961.jpeg
IMG_7965.jpeg
IMG_7962.jpeg

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Steve - looks marvelous!
Have you checked with RCR to ensure that the headers are tall enough to clear the dog bone between the upper control arms?
I am presuming that you’re also going to mount the transmission support to the dog bone.

Steve R

Supporter
Steve - looks marvelous!
Have you checked with RCR to ensure that the headers are tall enough to clear the dog bone between the upper control arms?
I am presuming that you’re also going to mount the transmission support to the dog bone.
No I have not. But these guys have done a few for the RCR40 so pretty confident all is good ( if not not back to the drawing board lol) Sean Tinnell has same ones on his build. Yes I will be mounting to dog bone.

Vinny P

Supporter
Hi Steve, good luck with your build. I have an RCR same set up ZF gearbox and headers from RCR. PM built 351 stroked to 427. I can tell you unless you set the motor back and lower it you will have a problem with the pulleys. The headers are really close to the dog bone to begin with so if you lower the motor they will not clear the dog bone. Where my motor is set, I have about 1/8" clearance (between dog bone and collectors). I made my own A/C bracket and modified a CVF bracket for alternator. Front pulley system is really tight even tighter with the additional upper control arm reinforcement covers on the chassis. The starter will also be a problem. If I were you, I would notch the oil pan to clear the rubber covered terminal (unused terminal) on the starter with the starter rotated (unused terminal) in the parallel position to the oil pan, it's either that or notch the chassis. If I ever pull my motor (which I will probably have to) I will notch the oil pan about minimum 3/8"- 1/2" I have some better photos I can send you, I'm having problems with my pc at the moment. the A/C bracket in photo is just a mockup before final fabrication. Feel free to PM me.
1000004424.jpg

Attachments

• 20230506_191032.jpg
    20230506_191032.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 86
Back