Knock off conversion, need sectional drawing

Jongbloed 3 piece BRM's. These are 16 diameter as pictured. I had them spin new 17 inch rims for the rears (17"x12"). The bolts that hold the rims to the center can be seen on the back of the wheel.
16280682-788c-02000182-.jpg

16280685-cb6f-02000182-.jpg

Dave, those are awfully nice-looking wheels. I guess they appeal to me because the extra diameter is borne by the rim, if you will, rather than the wheel center...if you don't mind me asking, can you tell us what the whole shebang is going to cost you--wheels, adapters, knock-offs, etc.? Also, can you give us any specs re: backspacing, etc.?

Thanks!

Bob,
Fronts are 9-1/2" wide x 16" dia, 4-1/2" backspacing.
Rears are 12" wide x 17" dia, 4-1/2" backspacing.
The rears were only 16" dia when the above pics were taken.
These wheels were made by Bill Jongbloed in the early 90's. Peter at ERA tells me Bill only made several sets at that time. Jongbloed didn't supply the centers, but he spun the aluminum rims.
I purchased these from a guy in Texas that had ordered an ERA, but had to cancel. The wheels sat in his attic for years. Peter tells me that ERA purchased the mold for the centers.
It cost me about $400 per wheel to have the 17" rims spun. Jongbloed offers a magnesium center/aluminum rim BRM style wheel but I don't know what they look like. The price quoted to me was $800 per wheel if I remember correctly.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Alain, thanks for the post on Jongbloed. I tried to find them months ago only to be told that they are out of business. I even tried finding Jongbloed himself, advised that he lived in New Mexico. No luck.

Back