LED headlights

Neil

Supporter
I have no experience with them but that was a nice video presentation. Looks good; expensive, though.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Each company is going to portray their competitive edge, some of that may be real, some may be pure marketing hype. Personally I tend to put more credence to side by side independent reviews and a quick search shows the Diode Dynamics products have some great reviews. As for LED's in general, I changed the bulbs on my daily driver (F150 Raptor) to LED and it was literally like night and day.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
I replace the headlight bulb to LEDs and quite satisfied. Pretty blight with good sight and lower the AMP. However need some modifications onto the back plate to clear the heat sink?
Thanks
Yuji

Howard Jones

Supporter
I think I may have be more interested in illustrating what I believe has been a very rapid advancement in LED replacement headlight systems. I am hoping to replace my headlights on my GTD and ultimately all the lights the car to LEDs. This project keeps getting put on hold in light (pun) of the ongoing development of my SLC.

However as the options continue to develop I intend to put them here. I am hoping for a 3 inch diameter reflector type LED round light with flush mount, both high and low beam.

I left the existing lights but switched the bulbs to LEDs, headlights and rear lights. One of the easiest and best changes I have made. Very much night and day. I almost hit a black pig at 70mph in the dark (one or two inches off!). That was a big driver to find a solution. It ended up being a piece of cake.

Back