LOLA T70 scratch build...

Here's the engine:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg-9.jpg
    thumbnail.jpeg-9.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 100
@marcus - Tremendous job on difficult tasks, as many have here noted. I read that you have a Hewland box because you wish to insure FIA compliance. My Lola replica has an upgraded Getrag 5 speed box, originally fitted to various Audi performance sedans. My car already has an HSR logbook, but would it require a Hewland tranny for FIA approval? Thanks!

FIA must be adhering to higher standards. The heyday of Lola and Hewland were coincident, and all the early Lolas of which I am aware were Hewland equipped. If you have the dogbox Hewland, that's a great tranny - strong with incredibly quick shifts. I also own an Alfa 4C with DDCT, and the Hewland dogbox is similar regarding speed of shift. HSR vintage events will have to be enough for me, as swapping out my Getrag transaxle for a different manufacturer would be roughly equivalent to a lung transplant. Thanks so much for checking, and continued good fortune with your build.

Superb-looking engine. The vertical intakes are so Can-Am! The 383 Chevy stroker in my car is a Can-Am build and has an authentic Moon manifold and 4 x 2 barrel Webers. Your system provides most of the look of mine with all the dependability and adjustability of FI. Your project is coming together excellently!

Hi macus hast du gewusst das tw mouldings pleite sind die ganzen formen werden am 7 februar versteigert

Attachments

• 421861403_960323152407353_4259972892756691113_n.jpg
    421861403_960323152407353_4259972892756691113_n.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 421921579_960322385740763_575663702806496778_n.jpg
    421921579_960322385740763_575663702806496778_n.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 50
Ja, wusste ich, danke Dir Meinolf.
Das Interesse an der Versteigerung ist wohl sehr groß, bin froh dass ich meine Karosserie komplett habe.

Any details on your engine Marcus? Looks like you went with carbs instead of mechanical fuel injection? Are you going to stick to 5.0L to comply to the 1969 rules?

Very envious of your Hewland box. One of the few regrets on my car is not springing for one, but it's no small investment.

Also Marcus, you may already be well aware of this, but I recommend buying a tool so you can use a breaker bar on your spinners. I used a lead hammer on mine, but being deep inside the rear wheels the angle is such that the ears bent on me.

My tool is from Old Timer Tools. I did have to modify his "Lola" tool to fit the high-angle Lola spinners but I think that's well in your wheelhouse!

Marcus, only a few Lola T70's were built with knock-off wheel nuts. Most were delivered with large single wheel nuts, which can removed with a breaker bar and reinstalled with a torque wrench. A good solid extension will then get your socket deep enough into the wheel. I converted my car from the spinners that were installed by John Gyann to single wheel nut.s

Any details on your engine Marcus? Looks like you went with carbs instead of mechanical fuel injection? Are you going to stick to 5.0L to comply to the 1969 rules?

Very envious of your Hewland box. One of the few regrets on my car is not springing for one, but it's no small investment.
Brian, I'll stick with the Webers, it's a period correct 5.0 SBC and my Kinsler system is for a BBC so that has to go.
If anyone is interested in it just let me know.
As for the box, yes I had to pour down a Scotch or two when payment was due

Marcus, only a few Lola T70's were built with knock-off wheel nuts. Most were delivered with large single wheel nuts, which can removed with a breaker bar and reinstalled with a torque wrench. A good solid extension will then get your socket deep enough into the wheel. I converted my car from the spinners that were installed by John Gyann to single wheel nut.s
Thank you for the tip, although I've recently managed to get hold of some original forged 3-ear spinners I'll stick with the large single wheel nuts. IMO there's no way around a solid extension.

Back