Lola Tub Repair

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Wow. That's looks great! :D
"1 Lola", nice number. Can you drive on the street, but should be OK w/o any traffic jam in US??? As you drive MarkIV on the street, this Lola could also be drivable, I suppose? (probably almost no way in the hectic traffic condition in Tokyo downtown, but only country side)

I am not eloquent with words ,,, All I can say is simply, three words

De-----------li--------------cious

Jim,

Looking smart. My next project me thinks! Such a lovely car. MDA are making a really nice replica with the help of Derek Bell.

Regards,

J.P

Crude but effective checking jig, note plumb bob, for making sure chassis/body is 100% square.

Attachments

• 33836-Cnv0993.jpg
    33836-Cnv0993.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 602
Jim, looking breathtaking, as usual. I guess the pinstriping goes on last? Will this car have the "flames" on the rear cowl that I've seen on Penske Lolas in the past?

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Bob, I'm just guessing here but probably the only way this will have "flames" on the rear cowl is if the Webers spit back. I have seen the car before, and it was awesome then, I can hardly wait to see it again.
Regards Brian

I saw a Penske T-70 coupe at Elkhart Lake a couple of years ago that had all of the pinstriping in place. I can't find a photo of the actual car but here is a link to the GMP model. The "flames" are just visible in the second picture, behind the induction stacks.

http://www.planet-interkom.de/horst.john/pt/pt_05.htm

Jim, you could paint that car Panther Pink (the old Mopar color) and it would still be a stunner. I'm sure the solid blue will be slightly less attention-getting on the street than the full-on "Sunoco" paint scheme--

Edit: I'm not sure why the link I've pasted doesn't work...

The original roll bar was muffler pipe. We're replacing it with a boxed structure that will also house the door mech.
Note seatbelt bar.

Attachments

• 34675-Cnv1009.jpg
    34675-Cnv1009.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 582
Your cars are incredible. That Lola restoration is without equal. Do you own all these cars - the Lola, the MkIV, and the P4?

Can you share some pics of the MkIV?

Thanks
Bill D
Los Angeles, CA

I'm truly amazed! keep up the good work!
I saw an Original Lola T70 racing and winning the Speed Festival 2003 in Coronado Ca. Last year, I took a couple of Pics while on the Track and wanted to take more pictures of it at the Pits but my Camera run out of power, this is a very small vehicle !
again Congrats on a job well done !

Attachments

• 35072-LolaT70.jpg
    35072-LolaT70.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 551
Thanks
Yes these are my cars. I've owned them for many years. If you search MK-IV you'll find a lot of pics of my MK-IV.
Cobra
You're right all of these are really small in real life.
Best
Jim

The original sway bar bushing holder gave up so we're repalcing them with more robust ones that can be serviced.
Also note linkage that raises gull wing doors.

Attachments

• 36210-Cnv1070.jpg
    36210-Cnv1070.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 501
Back