Looking for GT40s in eastern VA and NC

We are considering getting a GT40 (or maybe Daytona Coupe) but apparently they are few and far between in the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. To help us decide we need to have more exposure to the cars, examine different cars, sit in them, talk to the owners, etc. Are there any events coming up, such as the fall "Car Fair" at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Too late for the Carlisle Replica show, will definitely be there next year if we still haven't decided. Any help/info would be appreciate. Thank you,
Steve

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I am in Raleigh. I'd be happy to have you look at my car.

Gulf Colored (1076)
Webers
363ci w/RBT transmission

Best,

Ron

Ron,
That would be great and really appreciate your offer! We will be going to Concord in early August. How do we get in touch with each other? Are there rules for that on this forum?
Steve

I'm in the DC area, which may be a bit out of your way.
If you ever find yourself in the area please feel free to drop me a note, and you can come look at the car.
Regards,
chris
/Users/christopherrandolph/Desktop/IMG_2815.JPG

Chris,

I was in DC all last week so I do get up there. I don't any immediate plans to go back up there, but that can change overnight! I did take a look at and get a ride in Howard Beck's RCR GT40. He has done an excellent job in building his RCR. He was able to answer many of my questions.

Thank you very much and I will take you up on your kind offer when I get back up there.

Regards,
Steve

Back