Lynn's Sabre GT40

Ron Earp

Admin
Lynn\'s Sabre GT40

I was over to visit with Lynn Larsen who is building one of the former Sabre cars. He is making serious progress, with the engine running and pretty much the car in "go kart" configuration - running and most all systems go with no body. It sounds great!!!!!

Lynn is the only GT40 builder that I know who has used the entire Ford 5.0L EEC-IV system and successfully packaged it in a 40.

Big deal? Why yes! Anyone who knows the size of these configurations knows that it is hard to fit in a 40. Anyone who has driven the 5.0L EEC-IV motors with the folded 22 inch intakes knows they're all about low-end grunt. And drivability is the best you will get anywhere.

The nice thing is that Lynn retained the mass air system thus the unit is very reponsive. Plus, it is completely adaptable for temperature, pressure, and other such things. If Lynn could figure out how to put a supercharger on it would adapt to that as well, although my experience indicates this is only good to 300-350 flywheel before you need to start using 24lb injectors and large meters (some folks do it eariler but it ain't necessary).

All diagnostics work, emissions controls intact except for the AIR pump. But, I bet it will pass emissions with cats regardless.

Drivability will be what this motor is all about and it is a unique installation. Congrats Lynn! Now, post some pics and link em up here so folks can take a look.

Take care,

Ron

Re: Lynn\'s Sabre GT40

Yeah hop to Lynn,
My heads spinning from all this polish talk
tongue.gif
Now I wanna see it.
John

Back